Recent content by misselle27

1. M

Hey, everything is great. Corals are doing wonderful too. Only bad thing is my marineland...

Hey, everything is great. Corals are doing wonderful too. Only bad thing is my marineland biowheel broke so I am waiting for my new canister filter to come in. Just praying everything does ok with the tiny filter I have running now. It started making a loud grinding noise. Not sure if the zoas...
  2. M

Free toadstool frags ...local pickup only

hi, im in wilmington, philly is only 30mins away from me. Do you still have them?
  3. M

Mushroom Coral Dying?

whoops, I think I edited the post instead of replying lol but to those of you who already replied, thanks so much for your help. I hope this guy makes it. I really want to venture into the reef world.
  4. M

Mushroom Coral Dying?

Hi all, I just left petco and bought their mixed water since it had great reviews. The mushroom went from balled up to back open so Im hoping he is ok. I had him on the substrate under a cave so he was getting indirect lighting. I did a 35% water change using the natural salt water from...
  5. M

Mushroom Coral Dying?

I just left petco and bought their natural sea water because it got great reviews and I know I should stop using tap water since Im sure its the root of all my problems. Anywhoo, I did a 35% water change and the mushroom went from shriveled up to open now. He was under a cave so he had...
  6. M

Mushroom Coral & brown stuff?

Yea I know its not good to put my hands in but when I do I scrub as if im prepping a patient for surgery lol But I have 2 turbos 2fiddler crabs 4 nassarius snails 1 thin stripped hermit & 2 blue leg hermit crabs 2 damsels 1 clarkii clown 1 lawnmower blenny Ammonia 0 nitrite 0...
  7. M

I guess I vacuum the sand so often because Im scared that if I leave the poop for a whole week it will begin to decompose and cause spikes. My turbos poop tons and it drives me crazy. Im a house wife so I constantly look at my tank. Im kinda OCD with it. lol. How long is okay to leave poop...
  8. M

Hi all, I have a mushroom coral for about 2 wks now and it has been doing fine. I dont supplement the water at the moment, however I will go get iodine. Atleast thats what I read to get unless someone knows better. Anywho, I noticed today this chunky brown/red like clump come out its...
  9. M

Damsels species

I actually have 3 different species that were once in a 16 gallon and they were mean when I added a new one but after a day or two they got along. they were in there for like 8mos. I just now upgraded to a 30gal.
  10. M

Is my mushroom on a stick?

oh ok, thanks much
  11. M

Is my mushroom on a stick?

I was at the lfs yesterday and decided that I should try a mushroom coral. Ive been doing saltwater for about 8mos now. Anywho, The mushroom I liked I bought. While in the car I examined it some more and noticed it seemed to be attached to a twig looking thing. It was completely covered in...
  12. M

?'s about pumps for a sump

A few weeks ago I bought a pump, I thinks its a penguin. Ive also wanted to build a sump for the main purpose to add water volume to my 30 gallon display tank. I have figured how to do everything, except is there a way to use that pump to push water back to my display? I threw the box away so...
  13. M

got a ?

im by no means a pro but if I see a bunch of stuff laying on my sand I just take my regular siphon and hold it right over the spots and it sucks it up. I dont have a special attachment. Works perfect for me. As long as you are not putting it in the sand you will only take a couple grains with...
  14. M

Acclimated my Green Spotted Puffer to SW

Thanks guys....Ive read storys and when I bought him the lfs guy told me he had done it. Im on day 2 and he is still thriving. Only problem he has is my clarkii likes to steal food and hide it lol. And my domino damsel doesnt like new fish for a couple of days, but he seems to hold his own...
  15. M

Acclimated my Green Spotted Puffer to SW

Ive seen quite a few questions floating on the web about how to do it and nobody had the same answer. I basically followed Mr.Saltwaters drip acclimation instructions. He was not talking about changing BW to SW but his advice seems the best. And It worked. My Green Spotted puffer is doing...