Recent content by Mischko

1. Mischko

And now something comletely different ....

I know, I know, I should take pictures of my new tank, but today I did a crazy thing. After spending a long time on the internet searching I finally found one! A Porsche 924 from 1979. In top shape, only 65.000 Km driven in 35 years. It's going to be registered here as a...
  2. Mischko

Mischko's New Tank

While I am waiting for Flickr to work on the video I want to post. Something I experienced when I was going out lately. I leave the comments to you guys.
  3. Mischko

Mischko's New Tank

Has grown a bit since August, I'd say:
  4. Mischko

Mischko's New Tank

I know, I know, pictures!!! But a quick note, my star blennies mated today! The female was bloated up like a balloon and today I noticed she had some eggs on her after fin left and then I found the clutch. During the day the female is watching and taking care of it. At night the male sits on it...
  5. Mischko

Mischko's New Tank

Jesus, been over 2 months since I last posted here! Sorry for that. Been pretty busy finding a new job since the current one is getting on my nerves. So, in case somebody is in need of a Lotus Notes/Domino administrator or knows someone needing one, let me know ;-) Now then, I have stripped...
  6. Mischko

Mischko's New Tank

Now then, been some time, but being really busy with some IT stuff aside from work here. You know, getting some extra bucks for new corals and stuff ;-) Just made some frag stones today since I am going to do a little rearrangement in the tank. Not so fully satisfied with some spots in the tank...
  7. Mischko

Mischko's New Tank

Sweet, the dosing pump is doing its meant purpose and KH is now at a steady 8 which suits the LPS perfectly, it seems. If all goes well, my second part of my cleaning crew will arrive this Friday. Remember, I mentioned no more hermit in this tank? So far, I got those little critters: 10...
  8. Mischko

Mischko's New Tank

Oh forgot to mention. Got the dosing pump up and running now. My KH was around 5-6 which is not good for LPS though Ca was consumed moderate so far. Adjusted one of the pumps to dose 70 ml during the day to keep the KH level up to 8. The other 2 pumps are not working right now since Ca and Mg...
  9. Mischko

is vinegar safe

No worries, vinegar is organic and completely reef save to use on cleaning pumps and other things. But, a good rinse is always not a bad idea.
  10. Mischko

Mischko's New Tank

Not the best pictures, but I think I am getting there slowly. Step by step.
  11. Mischko

Brine Shrimp

Get a bucket, say 10 litres with a lid. An empty salt bucket will do perfectly. Now, prepare the water as needed by the shrimps and add a like a good one or two handfull earth from your yard. Add the brine shrimp eggs. Now get a can like the ones reef cement is sold in. At the bottom, say 2...
  12. Mischko

Dead clam?

Sorry for the loss, but a few notes on this. When you bought the clam, did you check yourself the foot of the clam? Was it damaged? Was it attached to stones or blank? Did you check for parasites like snails yourself? Make sure you check around the foot for eggs and/or snails! Usually clams...
  13. Mischko

Mischko's New Tank

Oooops, need to update, eh? Will soon this weekend. Waiting for some stuff to be delivered ;-) So far, tank is doing well. The reef ceramic is slowly but steady being covered by corline alge. Guess by August you won't see a difference between life rock and ceramics anymore. Interesting for...
  14. Mischko

Mischko's New Tank

Now then, I got the Catalaphylia. Nice coral, has a nice overall turquoise glow. And I was lucky to get one of those this Saturday ;-) Of course, pictures of the new corals in my tank will follow asap ;-)
  15. Mischko

Mischko's New Tank

Spot the new stuff ;-) Added a few new corals, a baby hammer coral Euphyllia ancora with yellow tips, another nice Acan and a nice Duncanopsammia, plain green color, but with nice huge polyps and already growing new ones. One nice Catalaphyllia jardinei will be added next weekend. Right...