Recent content by mikej11

1. mikej11

90gl vs 120gl

Bump
  2. mikej11

90gl vs 120gl

Any difference between the AGA RR 120 and the Oceanic RR 120?? Also, what pump should be good to run with this system? Overflows are rated for 1200GPH. Thanks, Mike J.
  3. mikej11

90gl vs 120gl

well.... I don't have that big of back yard :doh: I have been planning to go with (2) 250 Iwasaki 65K with spider reflectors and (2) 110 VHO Actinic supplement. 120 RR would be best than?? Thanks everyone, Mike J
  4. mikej11

MJ Mods

Hey, I found this website and was looking to get 2 of these stream mods. Anyone have these? What do you think of them? It looks I can get the same out of MJ 1200s than the T Stream. MJmods.com, Mod your Maxi jet into a high flow pump Any suggestions welcome. Thanks, Mike J
  5. mikej11

90gl vs 120gl

Hands down on this on. 120 will be it, unless I go to the 6 ft across. I want the 4 ft because I will only need 2 MHs instead of 3 on the 6ft. Overflow or Reef Ready?? I'm thinking RR, but what do you guys think? Yes, I am a scuba instructor in Hawaii. I have millions of gallons to play...
  6. mikej11

90gl vs 120gl

I trying to get some input from those that have either a 90 or 120. I am helping my neighbor setup his 120 at the moment. I am looking at either the 90 or 120. I want to keep the front at 4ft and looking to see how you guys/gals feel about the lack of or the addition of 6 inches in depth...
  7. mikej11

Equipment for a 120

My LFS had the skimmer setup on a 125 gallon and it seem to pull a lot stuff out, so I think the skimmer will be fine. (Won't know until we get is up and running.) My idea for the Wet/Dry is to remove the bioballs and place a mix of live rock and dried coral rock in the are where the bioballs...
  8. mikej11

Equipment for a 120

Aloha, I am setting up a 120 for my neighbor and I will be almost modeling his tank for mine. We got Pacific Coast Imports wet/dry and skimmer. Wet/Dry - TF400 (Aquarium lighting, aquarium filters, protein skimmers, aquarium pumps, aquarium products) Skimmer - PS2000 (Aquarium...
  9. mikej11

Harlequin Shrimp Question

I love these guys. Here, they eat the Crown of Thorns starfish as well. I have a mated pair at my dive site and they are the coolest little shrimp. Also have two Banded Coral shrimp "Fred and Ethel" that are fun too. For me - they will stay in the ocean.
  10. mikej11

Kona - July 4th 2006

I dove with Kona Honu Divers
  11. mikej11

Kona - July 4th 2006

Here are some of my favorite pics from the diving. Hawaiian Lion Fish School of Raccoon Butterfly Yellow Frog Fish School of Yellow Tangs
  12. Scuba - Kona

Scuba - Kona

13. Scuba - Kona

Scuba - Kona

14. Scuba - Kona

Scuba - Kona

15. Scuba - Kona

Scuba - Kona