Recent content by merlinsmagic

1. M

GIANT worm!!

client had a hair algea break out and she had several snails in there before. When i took over there wasnt a snail to be found. I know in my tanks the second I turn the pumps off the Nasarius snails come out full force, today was the first time I have seen snails in her tank. A few sundials on...
  2. M

GIANT worm!!

no sump, Just my nanos and what else I have described.
  3. M

GIANT worm!!

visted both of those sites, that is how I figured out it was a worm and not a nudibranch. So much is unknown about these worms I almost feel bad if I kill it, but I cant turn it loose back into the tank it came from or the tank the measureing cup it is in to keep it warm. which is my 12 gallon...
  4. M

GIANT worm!!

yup that is the worm. The video same thing. Same color, same spots. Should I be worried that there is more in that tank? Its a 55 has been set up for 6+ years, didnt think there were any snails in there but I did see a Nassarius snail today on the glass when I was messing around in it. Been...
  5. M

GIANT worm!!

I know this is not a nudibranch. Found this in my clients tank hanging out under hair alges on the out flow of her HOB filter. Its about 4 inches long when stretched out. Only thing I can find is a poylclad flatworm. It this right and what do I do with it? How do I know its an algea eating one...
  6. M

Two new hitchers

the crab is still in the tank and doesnt seem to be bothering anything. Any id's on it yet? Thanks
  7. M

mushrooms jumping ship?

makes scence since the rock was right under the outflow...I will just keep trying. Thanks.
  8. M

for a 20regular nano, what lighting?

I would but my mentor died last tuesday unexpectedly. I have the DYI link and what I need but I have no clue how to put this together. so I am trying to wing it with a better light that I currently have at hand.
  9. M

mushrooms jumping ship?

well off the rock, I bought this great mushroom rock from fosters and smith and a month later, all of the mushrooms have detached off the rock. I know they like lower lighting and where they were in the 12 gallon was at around 180 par is this to much light for them? I tried attaching them to a...
  10. M

for a 20regular nano, what lighting?

ok working on the lighting still for the 20 gallon nano tank. I currently have a coral life dual compact flourescent over it. It works ok I have mushrooms, favia, zoas and a frag of frog spawn in there. The zoa's dont seem to happy with the lighting, neither does the favia which I thought were...
  11. M

Two new hitchers

well as you can see in the pics one of the legs fell off. didnt seem like there was anything inside. It is on my shelf drying out should I try and cut it open belly side?
  12. M

Introduceing Ebony

no fish in this tank, just corals and inverts. She is about 3 inches and spends her time hideing in the rockwork with the micro brittlestars. most I see of her now is a few arms waveing around.
  13. M

Two new hitchers

how do I know if its dead or a shed? Hopeing its a shed cause its rather neat looking.
  14. M

some random pics of my tank

litteraly there are thousands....I turn the lights off and my sand moves, the rocks move, they are everywhere. Cant look into my tank without seeing at least hundred and that is no exageration. Some as big as 1/8 inch to 1/4 kind of creepy. Cool but creepy.
  15. M

some random pics of my tank

can I get away with a mandarin dragonet in here... i have so many copeopods and Isopods and amps that my tank is crawling. No other fish in here just 4 nassarius snails, 1 turbo, and one hermie.