Recent content by melusina

1. melusina

Planning Ahead - P's & Q's!

Are the kuda captive bred? I'm desperately looking for a CB kuda - could you send me the name of the stores that you've seen them in so I can contact them? I'd really appreciate it!
  2. melusina

Who is keeping an anthias harem?

I have a male pink square and he eats anything I put in the tank - except the clipped seaweed. I usually feed a homemade mush with selcon, vitachem, and garlic added and he loves it. He also likes the New Life Spectrum pellets.
  3. melusina

Brought my seahorse home yesterday.

Thanks for clearing that up! Sounds like I need to stick with the original plan. She just looks so lonely.
  4. melusina

Blue Zoo Aquatics has tank raised h. kuda available on their website. I know that tank raised is not the same as captive bred, but I'm a little hazy on the difference relative to disease, etc. Can you help educate me a bit?
  5. melusina

I just realized how tough it's going to be to quarantine any new seahorse without an additional chiller. How do most people handle this other than multiple chillers?
  6. melusina

Thanks! I wondered about the flow issue as I have never been in a still ocean, but as this is my first seahorse, I don't want to screw up. So I guess the best that I can do at this point is to post that I want to buy CB kudas and see if something comes up. She's pretty small in that 90...
  7. melusina

So that means she has to live a solitary existence? I hate that - she just seems lonely to me. Do you ever hear of people wanting to sell theirs? I'd just really like her to have a friend. Also, can I get a "rule of thumb" about how to tell if I have too much flow in my tank? Thanks!!
  8. melusina

Okay, here's some pictures of her. I actually got her from friends who had her for about 2 years before I got her and they are pretty adamant that she's CB. I obviously don't know. They had her with another female who died and who they were told was her sister?? Anyway, here she is...
  9. melusina

I brought my seahorse home yesterday and she seems to be settling in just fine. I have a couple of questions, though, that I'd like input on. The first is that I'm trying to figure out how much flow is too much? I have a 90 gallon tank and I currently am using the return and 1 koralia...
  10. melusina

Please Help - Microbubbles

The only other thing that I can think of is to try taking out the filter cartridge in the first chamber and see if that helps. I'm not familiar with your skimmer, so I'm not sure what to tell you to do to address the problem, other than reduce the flow into the skimmer. I just know that...
  11. melusina

What happens if you take the foam filter out? Can you tell me exactly where you have everything in the back - i.e., which chamber is the skimmer in and where is the new foam filter - in the 3rd chamber replacing the filter sponge, or in the 1st chamber replacing the filter cartridge?
  12. melusina

Do you have the biocube skimmer, and if so, which chamber do you have the skimmer in? If you have it in the 3rd chamber, you might want to try moving it to the 1st and see if that helps. As for the foam, you said you put in a tighter foam - I've just found that anything that slows down the...
  13. melusina

You might need to take out the new foam that you put in. I had a biocube and it got ridiculously sensitive if anything restricted the water flow. And I know that you said that you had water above the maximum in the 3rd chamber - just make sure that you keep it really full - I was never without...
  14. melusina

Soon to have a seahorse

Yes, the 90 gallon is cycled. It currently contains a foxface, a niger trigger, a midas blenny, a squarespot anthias, and the mandarin - my plan is that all will be going to the big boy tank except the mandarin. I'm also planning on moving most of my live rock to the big boy tank, and moving...