Recent content by Medic415

1. M

What are these???

Thanks for all the input. I'm not sure what to do now...being over run by green tunicate or sponge thingies. They are definately growing under the Zoo's, that is where I first saw them. The Zoo's and green thingies look good so far.
  2. M

What are these???

The Zoo's look fine, the pics were while the lights were off and they were not open all the way. Here they are with the light on. There was one area of the colony that has been bare, but has been for a while. How would I rid them if I had too...
  3. M

What are these???

Nobody said get them out, so atleast I feel better. They seem not to be bothering anything else, however they are under growing the polyps. Other than that all seems O.K. Thanks for the input.
  4. M

What are these???

These translucent green spore like things have been popping up on my rock. they started in my polyp colony. http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k276/fdnw1745/DSCN2452.jpg http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k276/fdnw1745/DSCN2451.jpg...
  5. M

Bristle Worms? Good, Bad, or Indifferent?

Over time I have read pro's and con's on Bristle worms. Some have said good, some say bad get them out, and some impartial. I saw one or two Bristle worms 8-10 months I identified them here and read some of the threads on them. They do seem to pick up the scraps on the bottom well, I think they...
  6. M

Any Ideas?

I'm on the rebound. Things seems to be going fine, I have been doing weekly 20% water changes and started to added some fish back into the system, so far so good. 1178197129.pbw - Slideshow - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting 1178197402.pbw - Slideshow - Photobucket - Video and Image...
  7. M

Any Ideas?

That's what I am thinking, my wife denies any spraying around the tank. Now vapors from cleaning, could that have been enough? You can smell some of the cleaners used when she cleans, but she keeps as far away as possible when applying to rags, dusters, or the floor mop. I guess to I could have...
  8. M

Any Ideas?

I'm working a fire station near home today, so I dropped by to check up on the angel, and she was gone too. That's 5 fish in a week, with one left who seems fine, along with the 3 shrimp and clam...the corals look good too.
  9. M

Any Ideas?

Blenny gone last night, Angel barely kicking. Wrasse seems fine so far. Another question, if something is killing my fish, why does it not seem to affecting the shrimp. I have 1 skunk cleaner and 2 peppermint and they seem fine, also most of my snails have died over the last month...so maybe...
  10. M

Any Ideas?

Did another WC this morning. Tape is already in place...but I don't think that was it. It is only a matter of time before my Scooter blenny and Flame angel die. Both with real cloudy eyes, the blenny just laying on the bottom, angel breathing heavy, pale, and eyes cloudy near white and puffed...
  11. M

Any Ideas?

Got home from work ans noticed the Temp. was 84.7, last time I remeber checking the Temp. was Friday evening-79.1 Some how the control got turned up, no idea on that one, but has happened in the past. My 4 & 7 year olds come to mind, or just me of my wife doing things around the stand. This...
  12. M

Any Ideas?

Test kit is not expired, not sure of exact exp. date...Salifert kit. I know I was pushing the envelope with my stocking, but all seemed fine according to test. That was going to all the fish, that was one reason I started the more frequent WC's. I was going to start to concentrate on corals. I...
  13. M

Any Ideas?

Well, I guess a little chat with my wife to see what and how she used the cleaner...I did in the past ask her to use cleaners sparingly and not ariel spray the living room, and the WC's I'm on it. Mike.
  14. M

Any Ideas?

Tank is a 46ga. AGA with a 10gal. sump/fuge. Had the Tang for about 5wks., the Clown 4 months, and the LMB was put in just after the cycle in Sept. early Oct....I have all the dates listed in a log on my laptop, but that is home. I have 75lbs. rock and 60lbs. sand, mag 5 pump in the sump and 2...
  15. M

Any Ideas?

In the last 72hrs. I lost 3 fish, my Tang, Clown, and LMB. The Tang died about 3 days ago...was fine one day then laid on the bottom until her demise. The LMB was found on the floor by my wife last eveing at apporx. 12am...was still breathing a bit, so I put him back in and watched him for about...