Recent content by Mdk16

1. Mdk16

Alternate Circulation Pumps

Finished my manifold for our s650 after getting inspired by Pancho. I’m very happy with the build. Quiet, easy maintenance, less heat and less energy with consistent flow.
  2. Mdk16

Pancho’s Reef S-500 Roller Coaster

I see the picture here. Exactly what I’m looking to do. Thx
  3. Mdk16

Thanks Pancho. Any pics of the design?
  4. Mdk16

I know this is an old thread and I’ve not been on this site for years but am contemplating doing something similar. I’m currently running three of the rear pumps as one died. Rather than replacing with the c-250, I was considering: 1. Adding two mp40’s or 2. Putting a larger circulation pump in...
  5. Mdk16

Additional Auto Top Off for Max S Series

I have the 650 and installed the following: I ran my rodi line through the attic and into the top off chamber in the back of the tank. I have a solenoid on a timer for 30 minutes per day which produces about 1 gallon of water per day. This solenoid and timer are placed before the rodi goes up...
  6. Mdk16

Max S-650 - anyone replace the ATO with a Tunze ATO?

I'm running it on my 650 and I'm using the stock reservoir. The tunze pump is in the reservoir, I'm running hose to the upper right top part of the tank because when I fed it to the sump directly it created a siphon and kept filling after the pump shut off. The sensors are in the sump. I kept...
  7. Mdk16

RSM S650 FLOATVALVE

I also had a problem with consistency with the float valve and installed the tunze osmolator. This has been one of the best mods I have done to the tank. I placed the pump in the back 10 gallon reservoir and ran the hose to the top right corner where the overflow/window is located. The electric...
  8. Mdk16

LED Balance

That's great news Jeff. I have no doubt that Steve's offers a high quality led. Due to many of the retrofit canopies your LEDs are being mounted in your systems typically sit closer to the water than most others that I've seen at LFS and online. It will be great to see what you find with the...
  9. Mdk16

LED Balance

Jeff, this post has some great tips and makes a lot of sense. Does Steve's have any plans to release PAR values for your various systems to serve as a benchmark? I've read your thoughts on collecting PAR Values and adding the appropriate percentages for a more accurate read but thought it...
  10. Mdk16

MDK's S650

That's an interesting idea Mike. Did you find you had better growth running the t5's? What about the extra heat, I got rid of my chiller and the tank is steady at 78/79. I really believe there is plenty of light. I'm running the leds at around 51% and have good polyp extension. I think my...
  11. Mdk16

MDK's S650

12. Mdk16

MDK's S650

I wanted to share this. I installed a slide out panel to mount equipment on and eventually an apex. It has soft close tracks and slot board on the backside for cord management. Turn per out great add added needed real estate and accessibility to the chiller compartment.
  13. Mdk16

MDK's S650

Started to reintroduce some lps. This is a pic of a 20plus head frogspawn and a 10 head hammer. I started dosing 2 part regularity and have attriibuted my inability to keep corals long term due to a lack of dosing and a poor water change schedule. Let's hope this change results in long term...
  14. Mdk16

HELP! Apex Controller with Steves LEDs

I have Steve's on my rsm 650 and use the typhoon controller but am also thinking about buying an apex. Is anyone running their typhoon through (plugged into) their aquarium controller so you can remotely control on/off of the lights?
  15. Mdk16

MDK's S650

It's been a while since I posted but have been checking in to keep up with all the new builds. It's nice to see some new members. The tank is doing well, the skimmer was definitely the best addition to date. So much more effective and quiet. I'm wondering if it's actually striping too many...