Recent content by mdjoslin

1. mdjoslin

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

Thanks Glenn that is a great help! I figured this was normal, but I am still going to add a little to my cuc.
  2. mdjoslin

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

I change 10% water weekly and I have and ro/di unit that I use so I don't think its the water quality but Im not sure?? any info would be great.
  3. mdjoslin

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

Ok guys I have a small problem. I tested my tank this evening and everything came out fine except the nitrates rose to about .20ppm I know this is still not really that high but I think this might be the reason for getting a small outbreak of hair algae. I just placed an order to strengthen my...
  4. mdjoslin

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

Thanks.
  5. mdjoslin

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

Thanks Glenn, I'm still looking into that blenny you were mentioned. I think I may get one:olsmile:
  6. mdjoslin

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

ok guys I have a few photos to add i have had the tank set up now for a month and a half now and it is progressing nicely. Here are a few quick pictures I snapped. I can already notice some growth in my lps corals.
  7. mdjoslin

Micromax's redsea max 130 with radion leds

Micromax, I love your set up! great tank my friend! I am thinking of going with the led's in near future as well and I'm glad to hear yours are working out!
  8. mdjoslin

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

OK I guess I will just a few more I have all of the different snails you mentioned in the tank now but only a few, I will add some more soon. Thanks Glenn
  9. mdjoslin

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

ok guys quick update... The tank is doing great and looks great! I am starting to get a little bit of hair algae on some of the rocks. I dont think its thriving just kind of covering the rocks. I think it is pretty normal for a new tank, this being said what are some of everyones favorite...
  10. mdjoslin

Choff's RSM 650 Build

looks awesome I will be following
  11. mdjoslin

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

Yeah I like this scape a lot better for that reason.. So im guessing the toadstool will come back out in a few days?
  12. mdjoslin

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

Time for some pictures !!! Tell me what you think of the scape. Also my toadstool is closed up and has been since I moved the scape is that normal?
  13. mdjoslin

Dan's Red Sea MAX 130d

oh yeah we love her!
  14. mdjoslin

ATI lighting for Red Sea Max 130D

Something like this fixture http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluorescent/ATI/Dimmable_SunPower_Fixtures/24_inch__6x24W_Dimmable_SunPower_T5_High-Output_Fixture_w!_Controller_&_Bulbs_by_ATI