Recent content by Martian

1. M

Canopy or no canopy? Please vote!

+1 No canopy.
  2. M

Another one of my dumb questions!!

Sorry, I have to disagree with Eric. One tank higher than the other CAN cause overflows. 2 tanks at the same height (which is what you want to set up, just with different names) linked with a siphon type tube can NOT overflow. As long as the pump is not too powerful (which you wouldn't want...
  3. M

Another one of my dumb questions!!

A siphon and one pump is way safer than trying to match 2 pumps. Failure of either pump gives you a flood. One pump and 2 siphons is pretty bulletproof as long as each siphon can handle the same volume as the pump can push.
  4. M

Spaghetti worms or something more sinister????

2 and 3 look like Hair worms, no feeding tentacles but quite long gills along the body. Good detritus feeders which burrow in the sand and under rocks.
  5. M

Id's Please??

My pleasure :-) and yours too I think. I have one with plain colour tentacles but no good photo of it. I should add that anything which clicks is not a Mantis or bad. I have a couple of Pistol shrimp which click too and are good fun (as long as your rocks are firmly based because they are...
  6. M

Id's Please??

I took this photo of my Spaghetti which has banded tentacles up to 6inches long. It started off in the coral rubble base but now lives in a rock half way up the tank.
  7. M

Id's Please??

Second one looks like a Spaghetti worm, a useful addition to your CUC.
  8. M

latest hitchers

I'm pretty confident I have good coloured Spaghetti worm here, and a Hair worm which came out for a walk. Never seen that before! Got a mean crab now too, but that one has to go (trap set). :flame:
  9. M

2 invert IDs please

Pretty sure it's a limpet from those photos. No harm in them and not much can eat them either.
  10. M

unknown creature???

Sorry, that's the second one. No idea about the first one.
  11. M

unknown creature???

I'm no expert, but I have a chiton and a limpet and it looks somewhere between those. If it is, it's an algae eater and I regard them as good if slow cleaners. I'm sure there'll be a real expert along soon :-)
  12. M

InWall Tank ideas . . .

+1 for the L with curve, but make it curves for inside and outside corners, not only a sensational tank but also awesome optical effects.
  13. M

My next controller . . .

Just to open the horizon, I got round door/stair issues with a big open steel frame mahogany tread spiral stair. Looks great, does the job and incredibly easy to carry unbelievably big stuff up too. Good luck. Great posts and projects :-)
  14. M

My macro tank pics - some ID help?

+1 for the full tank shot! re-awakened my interest in macros. Beautiful and very healthy looking too.
  15. M

Spikey worm with tentacles ID

Dead ringer for the pale form of my cucumber, photos in "Black Worm" in this forum. Nice friendly hitch hiker.