Recent content by MarkD

1. M

Starting a new tank with dried out live rock?

Hi All - Haven't been on here for ages but does anyone know if you can connect an Apex jr or Reefkeeper to a redsea max 130d with dimmable rapid led lights to ramp up lights for sunrise/sunset. Any input appreciated
  2. M

Can Apex Jr or Reefkeeper control dimmable rapid led to ramp up sunrise/sunset

Can Apex Jr or Reefkeeper control dimmable rapid led to ramp up sunrise/sunset
  3. M

Hi, wondering what people think about the Jebao pp-4 or SW-4's? Seems like a lot of people like them but there's been a lot 9f failures or don't last that long. I was looking at the MP10 but saw these and was thinking of trying one out. Any advise or opinions would be appreciated. Thx
  4. M

RSM 130D - First Salty Venture

Nice start, Haven't been on here much lately but there are a lot of great people with tons of advice. I have the same tank and started up about a year ago. Take your time and things should work out fine. I agree with nanoreefing4fun, I wanted hermits and had different types but you will be...
  5. M

I have a question about rapid led mod on the rsm 130d. It seems like the white over powers the bule plus I've been thinking of replacing some of the leds with other colors, maybe a couple whites with blue or adding some red/pink, any suggestions? It's an older mod with only two channels...
  6. M

I know I've seen people talk about the tune 9001 skimmer. Mine seems to fill up real fast. I have the height about where it says and I haven't installed my ato yet and I'm assuming that's part of the problem but seems like it will fill up twice a day. It's only a very light tea or greenish...
  7. M

Thanks appreciate the info, I'll give that one a try. They definitely seem to like the frozen better.
  8. M

Hi, just wondering if there's any disadvantages to removing the overflow box on the rsm 130d? I've seen tanks with them removed and it gives some more space plus I'm thinking wanted level in rear sump stays more constant as it evaporates? I know you loose the surface skimming but if I direct the...
  9. M

I'm thinking of ordering a vortech or hydor karalia nano for now to add more fow to the rear of tank. Where do most of you direct your stock pump? I have mine facing from top left to midway between the center and the right side of the tank about half way between top and bottom but more towards...
  10. M

Thanks Glen, yes I actually found that last night and read it. Very good piece and very detailed.