Recent content by marineman

1. M

scout moray eel (really need help)

I have no idea why other than that's what I have been told. I believe that it has to do with the make up of fish, salt vs. fresh water. When I had an aggressive tank(lion fish, triggers, groupers etc.) I used to feed them gold fish all the time.
  2. M

scout moray eel (really need help)

I have had a Zebra Moray eel for over 10 years and he prefers crayfish. Have you tried LIVE(not cooked) cray fish yet? Make sure they are not to big so your eel can eat them. I know you are not suppose to feed salt water fish fresh water food by my eel loves them.
  3. M

What type of crab is that

What type of crab is that in the winning picture as I have one in my tank as well and have never been able to find out.
  4. M

Worm ID

I think its moving to fast to be a worm. But I am Stumped!
  5. M

Filter/ Water flow

Is there anyone that wants to comment and offer me some advice:overhere: :overhere:
  6. M

Filter/ Water flow

I have an AquaClear 300 filter that I am using for water flow. However I only have Chemipure in the filter basket. You can set the water flow from low to high and I currently have it at the high setting. My questions are the following. Should it be set to high or low? Is having the...
  7. M

Salinity Question

OK, I will start off with 2 gallons monitor it for a day and see where I'm at.
  8. M

Salinity Question

Sounds like its a gallon every other day to be safe until I get it down. Thanks for the quick response.
  9. M

Salinity Question

My salinity is currently 1.0275 and would like to get it down to 1.025. I have a 75 gallon FOWLR tank. 2 inch sand bed and about 100 lbs of live rock. How much water should I take out and replace with distilled water?
  10. M

dry rock needed

+ 2 on Marco rocks, Great product
  11. M

Sand sifting Starfish lost its legs

OK, Thanks gang. Its coming out tonight.
  12. M

No it just appeared with no legs and its always in the sand.
  13. M

How long does it take?

If you have 50 lbs of base/dead rock and seed it with 25lbs of live rock how long would it take before you would consider it live to support a 75 gallon FOWLR?
  14. M

rock questions

Marco Rocks is Awesome and I would recommend them all the way. There rocks are so porous they state 1lbs. per gallon. I would buy about 50 lbs from Marco Rocks and 25lbs from your LFS and seed it. It's cheaper and since your starting out you can save some money to use on some other important...
  15. M

I bought a sand sifting starfish about 3 months ago and all was good. Just some insight - no new additions or changes to the tank. Bi weekly water changes(30 gallons). All perimeters are good and all other tank mates are doing great. He appears last night and all he has is about 1/2 inch...