Recent content by mahtay

1. M

My Nitrate adventure

So I have a Fowlr going on about 2 years. 55 Gal, 60lbs of sand, 57 lbs of live rock, with an extra 5-7lbs of live rock in sump. Small cage built in sump with Chaeto- living- getting flow from the skimmer exhaust. Reef Octopus skimmer with replaced pump. In line UV light, Triton 3 pump...
  2. M

HELP! Leopard Wrasse

Thanks, my LFS had the 90$ model, but she said there were less expensive models that provided similar readings, she was in process of stocking some in. I will definitely get one- also- My nitrates are high, like- maybe a turbo snail died- high, like scary high, like, far end on the color...
  3. M

HELP! Leopard Wrasse

I hope she is not changing - I don't want a Ursula K Leguinn Wrasse (ha ha) But, I found today my salt level was high- the meter I had- a floater kind maybe 2 years old is giving false readings. Speaking with my LFS where I got the wrasse they think it may be the elevated salt level. My salt...
  4. M

HELP! Leopard Wrasse

I have a Cardinal and a leaopard wrasse. 3 days after I got the leopard- he came out from the sand and was eating every day ( thank goodness) Then something weird happened. The cardinal wrasse, went under for about a week, I thought it was dead- then it came up! Now it seems to go under for...
  5. M

Hi, new here

Hi, everyone, look forward to sharing info and all that cool stuff.