Recent content by madgaffr

1. M

Varga's 300 Gallon In-Wall Build!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are doing all this woodwork/epoxy, why not make an external coast to coast and therefore use no real estate inside the tank?
  2. M

quiet one 3000 pump for 90g?

I used the QO3000 on my 75 with the standard AGA Megaflow kit and had great results. I had to slightly throttle it back, so I would think the 90 would work well!
  3. M

Drilling ÔÔPS

I would use overflows that go from the bottom of the tank to the water level at the top (just like every other AGA, Oceanic, Perfecto, etc... tank) This way you don't see the plumbing!
  4. M

Staining in fish room ok?

Well... I extended the airline from the skimmer out the closest window. Then ran a fan facing out the sliding glass door. Everything is doing fine! Thanks to everyone for their advice. I do think that I am going to convince "someone" that their stain is inhibiting growth in everything I just...
  5. M

Thanks for the heads up on the skimmer, I was so pissed thinking everything's about to die... I lost all common sense for a while. The entire house reeks of stain! I will get back to everyone with results, thanks for the input.
  6. M

I just got done building the girlfriend a new bed and she has taken it upon herself to stain and poly the bed in the living room. Normally I would be excited that I don't have to do it, but this time I'm not so sure... the bed is 2 feet from my tank! It's too late to stop her as she's finishing...
  7. M

Xenia (Elongata/Indo) FL

I've decided I will ship. Let me know!
  8. M

Xenia (Elongata/Indo) FL

Here you go: The indo is behind the elongata.
  9. 5

10. M

Xenia (Elongata/Indo) FL

Near Port Charlotte/Venice - 34286
  11. M

Xenia (Elongata/Indo) FL

I'd like to trade or sell locally the mini-colony of mixed Elongata/Indo Xenia I have. It grew like a weed in my 75 I had, but since I moved and upgraded skimmers, I think my param's are too clean for it to thrive. There are 2-3 large stalks of Elongata and one large stalk of Pink Indo on a...
  12. M

Help me identify some of the things that came attached to my LR

Eduardo, The first 3 pics look to be paly's/zoa's. They are great little corals and do not require much light - I've seen them grow under flourescent bulbs. The next one looks to be some sort of macro algea - good for removing harmful nutrients such as nitrates but can grow out of control...
  13. M

37 gallon Oceanic Cube w/ Oak Stand & Canopy - Cary. NC

I just loaded a pic to my photo gallery. Please check it out there. Thanks for looking.
  14. tank_0061

tank_0061

15. M

37 gallon Oceanic Cube w/ Oak Stand & Canopy - Cary. NC

Here is a Pic: http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/584/123172Resize_of_Resize_of_Rotation_of_2007-05-14_004.JPG