Recent content by maccyg

1. M

Marine tank finished cycle but.....

Ah ok thanks. I had read that ceriths / nerites / hermits etc couldn't tolerate nitrate levels much above 40ppm. But I think my plan this week is to leave the tank for now (currently sitting at 80ppm nitrates) and then do another big WC on Sunday at which point I'll head over to my LFS to put...
  2. M

Yes that's a very good point. When I get home tonight I'll check my test kit and I still have some mixed salt water left over in one of my containers so I'll check the nitrate on that too. Appreciate your responses - thanks
  3. M

Thanks DaveK, appreciate the reply. Assuming the test kit is fine (I think it is accurate as I added WAY too much ammonia to the tank while it was cycling I think which is why the nitrate reading was off the scale) how would you recommend I keep the bacteria alive in the tank while I get the...
  4. M

Hi everyone, My first ever marine tank has just completed it's fishless cycle on Saturday evening using dry rock. I have been dosing ammonia at 1ppm every day since the cycle began and now I beginning to think that may have been overkill. As expected when I tested the water on Sunday morning...