Recent content by lzrlvr

1. L

Hair Algae?

hi I think I have the same type of algae its nasty and I do not think you will find any clean up crew that will want to eat it. I try to remove as much as possible during my weekly water changes. my tank is only 12 gallons with no protein skimmer. the tank has been in operation for 6 years and...
  2. L

milky white growth, is it algae?

hi I think I have the same kind plague but I use a 1/4 inch air tube to siphon it off during my weekly water change I remove as much as possible from the rock glass and the immobile invertebrate that live in my tank .
  3. L

HELP! I have had it with this algae!!

hey I have that in my 12 gal tank with no protein skimmer . I use a small air tube to remove it from the rock and sand. my tank is 5 years old and survives well although this snotty algae resides in my system.
  4. L

Help!! Starfish is curled up

leave them in the ocean!
  5. L

Freebie, good or bad?

they may be some type of sponge
  6. L

little red balloons

can not post pictures until I get enough posts.
  7. L

little red balloons

hi I have some small red growth I think may be some type of algae it looks somewhat like an elongated balloon can any one inform me on what type of algae it might be.
  8. L

Cuc - What would you recommend?

I find whatever you put in your tank they may or may not consume your problem. I had a hermit crab that used to eat all the algae on a snail that was also in my tank at that time but it never consumed the same algae that was on the rocks.
  9. L

Open Brain problem

if you are going to Australia for a week you might as well kiss that coral goodbye.
  10. L

What is this? Popped out of my rock!!

hi I do not think you should not remove it.
  11. L

Cadavers, shells, skeletons, take it or leave it.

you just might not have the nutrients in tank or the right type of food to keep them alive.
  12. L

Brittle Stars- 9 Gal too small?

I have had small brittle stars in my 3 gal nano reef and possibly still have but I would not add a large brittle star to a 9 gal tank.
  13. L

ID please (kinda scared)

most of mine are gone I removed many but over time their numbers declined.
  14. L

Pico Aeration

I agree with frisbee
  15. L

Another critter I can't identify

diversity may be the key to sucsess