Recent content by Lumen

1. Lumen

Tok's RSM 250

Sorry to hear about the tank crash, Tok :( I know you will bounce back with an even better looking tank!
  2. Lumen

RSM Owners - What upgrades are better than sliced bread?

For my 250, the biggest changes would be the chiller (tank gets really hot) and the addition of a mini refugium in the rear chamber. I had to take the little flap that covers the skimmer section out for the light to sit on the hood but it was totally worth it from a pod and nutrient control...
  3. Lumen

What updates/changes would you like to see?

Lights in the sump cabinet.
  4. Lumen

█▀▀▀▀ The Final Reef ▀▀▀▀█ Tn's S650 Adventure.

Your tank looks amazing! It has filled up beautifully :thumber:
  5. Lumen

█▀▀▀▀ The Final Reef ▀▀▀▀█ Tn's S650 Adventure.

OH no! I just replied to you on my thread and now see this :waa: I am so sorry about the losses and destruction of your scape. Hope you manage to get your structure looking the way it was. But if not, I am sure that you will find a creative way to get it looking awesome again!
  6. Lumen

Tekk's RSM 650

Thank you! Yes, we are kindred spirits of a sort with the tank sizes :yup: I simply adore your structure and how amazing your tank is coming along! Thank you Jan! :) Much appreciated!
  7. Lumen

Tekk's RSM 650

This one is still alive, just needs to colour up:
  8. Lumen

Tekk's RSM 650

Some close up pics of my corals:
  9. Lumen

Wolffman64's RSM500

Wow Jan, that clam is a beauty! Please take lots of pictures of it when it opens up!
  10. Lumen

Tekk's RSM 650

Thank you! Yup, those pumps are massive! The MP10s in my 250 look minuscule next to them :P
  11. Lumen

Tekk's RSM 650

A little update for the tank, bought some new toys for it which are the following: 2 MP60s Backup unit Dosing pump Calcium Reactor I decided to run the Red Sea Colours program through the dosing pumps and have my Ca, Mg and Alk maintained through the CaRX. I still need to setup the pumps...
  12. Lumen

Questions Regarding Dominate SPS Reef in RSM650

Thanks Mike and Alan! I have decided to keep all four pumps running to be on the safe side :) plus I am thinking that the more flow generated by those pumps should help make the flow less laminar with the vortechs on either side. The MP60s arrived today, will need to update my thread soon...
  13. Lumen

Jim's RSM 250

Looking really good! Keep it up! :thumber:
  14. Lumen

Thanks Greg! :) Thanks Frankie! Yeah, those products do dent the pocket a bit but the good thing from what I have seen is that you only need a few drops as opposed to the milliliters that is needed from other products. Please pass any other tips or observations my way as I would like to...
  15. Lumen

Hi All, Thanks for the replies, sorry for disappearing but my internet went down and didn't come up properly for a while :verymad: @choff I bit the bullet and bought two mp60s, I figured that this will also help when my colonies are big and I need adequate flow to go through their branches...