Recent content by LivLaughSmileLov

1. L

Having trouble with my saltwater tank

We have the instant ocean hydrometer.
  2. L

We do have salt, the instant ocean sea salt in the purple tub. Also, I forgot to answer one of the questions asked a while back- our water we use for water changes is bottled fresh spring water. Was working well for us and testing out fine? As for the water pumps.. Like the hydor koralia...
  3. L

Tok's RSM 250

Wow! That bristle worm takes the cake compared to the size of my bristle worms! Had no idea they could get that large
  4. L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. L

I'll have to do some more research on the skimmers and start convincing my other half to invest in one with me. I work today, so not much to be done with the tank. I plan on going out to grab some sand to replace the gravel we moved. We do have a test kit of our own, time to get testing tonight...
  6. L

Woo.. Tank is looking rough today Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. L

Dave, do you mind me asking a silly question? What exactly is the importance of a skimmer? I looked the one you referenced up and I see they are fairly expensive. That being said, I wondered what they do exactly and the benefit of them to the tank over all. Our tank is very, very basic at this...
  8. L

Dave, thank you for such detailed and well thought out advice! I'll be sure to keep you all posted with the progress of our tank. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. L

We just took about a third of the gravel out. Right now I think our clown fish is thinking "boy, it sure is a foggy day..." Haha! I also replaced the filters - the old ones were foul. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. L

I forgot to mention we have a fan on the opposite side of the tank. It seems to be blowing decently now, I cleaned the font of it off. Algae had it bogged down. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. L

Before the worms went wild.. We were doing water changes once a month at 10%. We tested our water and even took it to the fish store for testing. They said it was so perfect it was like we got it from the ocean except for our phosphates were a tad high Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. L

I am so glad I decided to look for answers elsewhere! We were getting to the point of considering our options to rehome our precious fish and urchin. I have another question: what would cause all of our snails and hermit crabs to die? They only seem to live when they are on the rocks. Once they...
  13. L

I would say it is a pretty low flow at this point. Our lack of cleaning and keeping up with the tank once we thought it was doomed has most likely taken a huge toll on it. I plan on doing a water change and some cleaning up later tonight when my boyfriend gets home (my hand isn't about to be...
  14. L

Right on Nano! I have moved the fish food far away from the tank to avoid any more unwanted feedings.
  15. L

Oh boy! Switching that out should be fun! Our clown is a feisty little bugger. He bites us when we try to do anything around the tank. I always laughed at my boyfriend when we were cleaning the tank because of how jumpy and scared of the clownfish he is... Until the day he actually got him so...