Recent content by Liquidice

1. L

125 Gallon FOWLR Stocking List Feedback

Actually that fish was the one I placed in the "relatively reef safe" group. I've read about coral beauties that never bother any coral, and others that become a serious problem. Since corals are going to be at least a year or two in the future, I'll probably get the fish and then trade it in...
  2. L

Building a cover was one of the first things I did when I set up my tank. That was one thing that I read everywhere about the firefish.
  3. L

I just wanted to throw out my planned stocking list to get feedback from those who have more experience than me. I'm planning on keeping a relatively reef safe group of fish because I would like to upgrade my lights and grow coral in the future. The tank is 125g, 150 lbs live rock, Octopus...
  4. L

Algae Growth in Refugium vs. Display

I have a 120 gal FOWLR tank with a 15 gallon refugium that I just set up a month ago. The live rock that I got from my lfs must have been very well cured because I the only thing I could ever detect was a slow rise in Nitrates when I added a deli shrimp to cycle the tank. I had to leave town...
  5. L

Biocube 29 - Planning Stage

Well, looks like I might be back to the drawing board. I do like the Zigg's idea for a ~37 gallon tank. I'll have to do a search later on for more tank build threads to get some ideas.
  6. L

One reason I really want the biocube is the design. It's going to be one of the first thing people see when they enter the house, so having everything contained in one unit should look better IMHO.
  7. L

@DigitalLegacy - I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a modded sock. It would be great if you could post a pic. The fuge/skimmer has been my largest concern. I had been going back and forth on which one to go with, but it does seem lize the 9002 has been working great for a lot of...
  8. L

First, I'd like to thank everyone on this forum for all of the great information that I've been trying to absorb before I make the plunge and set up my first Nano Reef. I would just like to get some opinions on what I've got planned to make sure I don't make any mistakes when purchasing...