Recent content by Leighw85

1. L

New RSM 130D need a few ideas

Hi again guys. Sooo i am really missing the colour that i used to get out of my corals on my 4 ft tank with my LED's. Im wondering is there a way i can add LED's to the RSM 130D. Im keen on keeping the stock lighting, but am thinking of adding a LED strip to bring out colour. Im not sure if...
  2. L

===Leigh's New Reef===

Nah it's not ES so I must of got an older one. Dosnt really matter. All works the same :)
  3. L

===Leigh's New Reef===

A couple of new addition today. Mainly my MP10 :P I think its an older one as the controller is a lot different to the others i have seen. Might have been sitting in the LFS for a while lol And meet Sam my flame hawk...
  4. L

MP10 is on the way :) cheers mate
  5. L

do i need filters in red sea max130d

did you guys use the black one that came with it or got different filter material?
  6. L

Cheers for that mate. Just did it all and set it up. Now to see how it goes :) Anyone know the what the different pieces are you can get that screw onto the return pumps? Ive seen in a few Tank journals that they have a different flow connector. Cheers
  7. L

According to instruction I have got from reading my levels are spot on. Full reading on the window at the side with water just touching the arm shelving. I have tried a few different things with it. Skimmer adjustment full open, half open and so on. Just bubbles away with no success
  8. L

Yeah i have seen those media racks and read good things. I just hope they ship to Australia :) I like the looks of the Hydor as it looks like a great skimmer from some very good sources. Im not sure if i should stick with the Tunze that everyone seems to go for though...... Im getting...
  9. L

ok looks like i need to think about the media basket then. It does make sense as the pumps are annoying to remove! Im thinking of the Hydor slim skim instead of the tunze. Ive heard great things. Anyone have any opinion on this? When you say filter floss. Where about do you put this mate?
  10. L

===Leigh's New Reef===

Ok so added a couple of things over the weekend. Got a really nice Golfball Goni and a Coral Goby. The coral goby is tiny. He is pretty cool. Didn't get on to well with the clowns at the start as he was trying to hang out in their hammer.
  11. L

===Leigh's New Reef===

A couple of pictures of my new additions. Got a Golfball Goni and a Coral Goby for the tank. The Goby is so small, he's pretty cool. Got pushed around by the clowns at the start because he was trying to hang out on their hammer.
  12. L

What sort of things would i need to upgrade and buy to be able to keep SPS? Ive never attempted to keep them before but am interested in maybe getting into it a little bit. Although it will be a fair bit down the track
  13. L

===Leigh's New Reef===

Hi guys. :wave: So i shut down my 4ft aquarium and was planning on having just a small 50 litre nano tank. After deciding that i had to keep my clowns and my blenny and the nano was not big enough , i treated myself (and the fish) to a new tank. I decided on and got a Red Sea 130D...
  14. L

Hey mate Water level is as you have said, because i read about that on here already :) Skimmer is also sitting where you have said. Might have to try the impellers in the pumps then. See how that goes cheers
  15. L

Cheers for all that info :) and thanks for the nice welcomes! Ok So i just installed my skimmer today as i was waiting on the impeller. Im using the one supplied until i sort out whats next. Im getting a hell of alot of micro bubbles in my tank. I have heard this is quite common. Anyone have...