Recent content by ladygwen

1. ladygwen

55 Gallon Reef and Fish Setup Help

HELLO Greatwhite :welcomera Just the rock alone for $100 would be quite a deal. With a 55 gal you'll want about 80 or so lbs of the rock. Since it has been sitting in bags of water with no light, circulation, ect.. you will have some die off from the rock, but that's just part of the...
  2. ladygwen

Crazy Conch

Anybody ever had a conch spaz out on them before ??? Last evening my conch surfaced and just a few minutes later started spazing out. At first I thought it was because one of my larger crabs had crawled up on his shell. But even after the crab was off this thing was nuts. It was like a...
  3. ladygwen

Thrashed Cardinal Fish

No, no stars, the only thing other than the fish & critters I had mentioned earlier is a pencil urchin. But I must say I am quite amazed that yours has survived for the past five weeks tailless. I think the biggest problem here was he was in shock, I could even entice him to eat. He went down...
  4. ladygwen

Thrashed Cardinal Fish

:cry1: Sadly the cardinal succumbed to his injuries today. It is a sad day Ladygwen
  5. Conch Rodeo

Conch Rodeo

6. my tank /p blowout

my tank /p blowout

This is the tank not long after being set back up after the blowout in June 2007
  7. ladygwen

Thrashed Cardinal Fish

It's not really a slash, it's more like a quite a large chunk has been taken out of that area and then what's left is splaying open. It's also pretty ragged edges. Also no clicking at night. Thanks You Ladygwen
  8. ladygwen

Thrashed Cardinal Fish

:cry1: I would have a very hard time believing it was my clown as he is in no way aggressive and never has shown any signs of aggression. They were added to the tank 2 months apart, first the clown then the cardinals and have been together for a year. Since the first the clown was like oooh I...
  9. ladygwen

Thrashed Cardinal Fish

Hi All I have a 75G that beens set up since last Feb. All water paramters are good. salinity - 1.025 ph -8.2 - 8.4 no2 - 0 no3 - 0 amm - 0 I have 1 false percula, 3 pajama cardinal a variety of corals, hermits, sexy shrimp, and nassarius. I had a tank blow out in June but since the...
  10. ladygwen

New Sexy!!......shrimp!

We've has sexy shrimp for over a year now. We have had any where from 1-4 and they have done well in any combination of numbers. They tend to cluster together most of the time and in my tank have seemed to like hanging out around the xenia and gorgonia. I also haven't had any trouble with the...
  11. ladygwen

Now You See Her, Now You Don't !!!

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had a fish disappear for an extended length of time. I have a Neon Blue Goby that I added to my tank the end of July 06. She "Little Lady" as we have named her settled in very quickly and comfortably within the first few hours of being added. Got along...
  12. six months old

six months old

13. ladygwen

NitrItes

Have had the tank set up for three weeks now. 75G tank, 45 lb base rock, 40 lb Caribbean LR, 5in sand bed. Started testing water parameters from the get go and had a ammonia spike up as far as 7.5 within just the first few days, along with nitrItes of 4.0. Have been testing every couple of days...
  14. Just Getting Started

Just Getting Started

15. ladygwen

Whats Next for Newbie in the House???

:clink: Cheers Pizza Party at my house to celebrate the arrival of the live rock !! Whoo Hooo !!!!! I was so excited and trying to wait so patiently but the FedEx man was just too slow. I did the whole super salinity dip followed by a cleaning of any noticeably dead or dying material...