Recent content by KoolFish

1. KoolFish

Coralife Dual Power Strip.

I've never had a problem with mine but I also have it mounted on the outside of the cabinet. This could be why. Chris
  2. KoolFish

Active Carbon

I was using Black Diamond carbon 24/7 (changed once a week) and switched to Chemi-Pure Elite. I had to try it since most people who did use it said it works great so all I can say is that the next day after I started using it my water was even more clear (I did not think it was possible) and by...
  3. KoolFish

Any photo tips?

aquaman3680: I am using a tripod but I will try turning off some pumps to see if that helps and playing with the settings a bit more. goldenmean: I have tried the macro setting, helps a little. lcstorc: I noticed the macro feature on the Fuji is not that great. The Kodak macro setting was...
  4. KoolFish

Any photo tips?

I have a Fuji Finepix S5200 and for some reason I cannot take as nice shots as I would like with it. I used to have a Kodak DX3900 and it took better aquarium shots. The S5200 takes great outdoor shots but indoor shots seem to be more on the bad side. I have tried the auto settings and played...
  5. KoolFish

So, what do you do for a living??

Family ATM...lol - Chris
  6. KoolFish

MH or T5HO ?

I ordered the MH ballast (PFO 150W Electronic Bare Metal Halide Ballast) and PFO cord from jlaquatics. It also was include in the free shipping over $100 offer. Bonus. :whstlr: Total was $138 CAN w/taxes. They do have the best prices. I only have to get my salt (Seachem Reef Salt) from...
  7. KoolFish

My 28 Gallon Reef Tank

Here is a FTS just after the lights came on. FTS It's not that great of a shot. I will try again tonight when there is no light in the room. Chris
  8. KoolFish

MH or T5HO ?

Woodstock: That sounds like the way to go... Thanks. DrHank: The Dr. always knows best! Thanks. Well, I decided go with MH. So I ordered a 150W electronic ballast, quick connect cord and HQI 150W/20,000K bulb. I have a pendant that I will h/w with the quick connect cord for this ballast...
  9. KoolFish

MH or T5HO ?

I appreciate your input. I know what MH's are like but never used the T5HO before. Thanks again! Chris
  10. KoolFish

MH or T5HO ?

I'm getting close to the time that my current lights will need new bulbs. I have done a bit of research and cannot decide which one to go with. These are the options and costs (the price really doesn't matter). Replace current bulbs: $110 CAN MH 150W or 250W 14,000K or 20,000K HQI. This...
  11. KoolFish

Turbinate Teeth Coral

Well, I kindda do and don't. In the middle of home renos. Resistance is futile! The coral made me adopt it! - Chris
  12. KoolFish

Turbinate Teeth Coral

The ones at the LFS are amazing looking. I was told that his supplier only gets a permit to import 5 a year (maybe just for Canada, dunno). Chris
  13. KoolFish

Turbinate Teeth Coral

Snelly40: Thanks for the effort! boozeman: Thanks for the link. That looks like it. Now I just need to figure out if this coral is rare enough to be worth the $175 CAN. - Chris
  14. KoolFish

Turbinate Teeth Coral

Has any one heard of this coral? My LFS has a couple of these which I am told they are rare. They are supposed to be like a donut coral only with teeth or teeth looking tentacles. They retail for $175 CAN and would like to know more about them before I purchase it. I may try and get a photo...
  15. KoolFish

My 28 Gallon Reef Tank

Thank you very much! - Chris