Recent content by kingman8610

1. K

Tank and System

Hey reefers! Just wanted to give the specs. of my aquarium. So, I have a 10 gal. tank 1/3 full of sand and then saltwater to the top. In it I have .6 pound of live-rock with 3 hermit crabs and a starfish with LOTS of shells that I bought for 5 bucks at Wal-mart, came in a thick plastic bag...
  2. K

My Tank and System

Well, I only have 1 astrea Starfish and 3 hermits... And ive been meaning to ask, am i supposed to clean my liverock? and when i do, do i scrub it? Also, Shannon, I get my water at True Percula an Aquarium shop in Arlington, Tx. :) And another thing, What is all the black stuff that...
  3. K

My Tank and System

Thanks I hope they do too!!! Thanks for the help
  4. K

My Tank and System

Haha very nice and all, but I dont have that kind of money just yet, do I have anything wrong with my tank now? I mean, 1/4 of my water evaporates like, every two weeks..
  5. K

Saltwater Cost

I have no idea... I buy all my saltwater at True Percula
  6. K

My Tank and System

Hey reefers! Just wanted to give the specs. of my aquarium. So, I have a 10 gal. tank 1/3 full of sand and then saltwater to the top. In it I have .6 pound of live-rock with 3 hermit crabs and a starfish with LOTS of shells that I bought for 5 bucks at Wal-mart, came in a thick plastic bag...
  7. K

Shrimps!!!

What is are the differences between all those types of shrimp? what do they do for the tank? jc, and also, how much do they cost and are they ok with carnivorous hermit crabs and an asterina starfish?
  8. K

Hi all

Hi, I just registered today as well, so, Welcome! lol I just set up a 10 gal. about a month ago... It's going well. How is your tank coming along?
  9. K

What Kind of Starfish do I have?

Hey Mikeattack, mine doesn't have a white spot in the center like the one in that post, that I've noticed (sigh) I wish I had a digital camera. but the rest of him looks like that, just w/o the white spot
  10. K

So what does it mean that he is in the sand? he's never done that and I thought he was in the sand 'cause he couldnt attach anymore 'cause he is dead.. so how do I tell? If he IS alive, I dont want him in the sand 'cause i don't want my hermit crabs to eat him FYI, I pulled my hermit crabs...
  11. K

Yes it looks like it lol thanks guys!! So, how do I care for it? assuming it's still alive...
  12. K

Its verrry small like probably only a few centemeters in diameter and from the top of the water it looks like a piece of mold, but through the side of the glass He looks greenish, dark greenish. He has only 3 arms and they are very small and more like elongated hills, if that makes any sense...
  13. K

Is my Starfish dead or alive???

So I was gazing at my tank this morning and I couldn't spot my Starfish that is usually on the side of the tank (it stays in one general area) and when I found him in the sand below where he usually hangs out, it wasnt normal, so I was freaking out thinking it's dead, but I dont know, and that...
  14. K

HellllllloOO!!

Hi! My name is Brett, I'm 23 yrs. old, and I've had a saltwater aquarium now for about a month/ month and a half. I have 3 lovely Hermits and a .6 pound of live rock that came with an itty-bitty starfish that looks like a piece if mold lol (anyone know what kind that is?) So I was gazing at my...