Recent content by KillerReef

1. K

What is your favorite fish?

Wow, really surprised nobody mentioned any wrasses. My Melanurus is awesome. A close second would be my Orchid Dottyback. Supposed semi-aggressive, but by far my most passive.
  2. K

Help needed!-very strange

Glad to hear things are looking up. Sorry to worry you about the new SW. Agreed, in an emergency, 24hr mixing is not always an option, but regular changes should be aerated 24 hours or more. Also, I'm sure it was the flow, adding those koralias does add a lot of flow, they will get used to it...
  3. K

Help needed!-very strange

Agreed, i find my fish take a bit to get used to any more drastic changes I make. How often do you stir the sand? Is it deep? Most likely that had to do with the added stress. What did you have for flow before the koralias? As far as WC, are you mixing for 24hr before changing in order to get...
  4. K

Power Out!!!

yeah, no issues whatsoever, orchid and diamond goby came out of hiding when lights came on so all is well...
  5. K

Power Out!!!

I'm in Brea, Ca... Updated that, too...
  6. K

Power Out!!!

Sorry, I need to update my signature, will do promptly...
  7. K

Power Out!!!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I thought my email notification was on but I guess not as I never received any notification of replies. Anyways, last night I went to Petco and got a battery operated air pump, worked like a charm, power was out from about 10 til about 15 minutes ago and all my fish...
  8. K

Power Out!!!

It's supposed to go out at 9, and i don't think the pet smart opens til after ten, but they may be still open now. I'll check into that. LFS definitely doesn't open til 11 or later...
  9. K

Power Out!!!

Just found out my power is going to be out tomorrow for up to 6 hours. Wife forgot to tell me sooner. I'm a bit worried. Fortunately I am off work so I will be home the whole time. I'm thinking if I take water out of the sump every now and then and dump it into the display, this will help with...
  10. K

Lights or no lights?

Yesterday I picked up a couple flasher wrasses and a large maxima clam, about 6". In my impatience, I turned the tank lights on prematurely and my Purple tang and melanurus wrasse both harassed the newbies, so I turned off the lights for the rest of the day and night. The newcomers were both...
  11. K

XM 250w on Probe start ballasts?

Thank you for the reply. I do plan to replace the ballast in the future, probably with my NEXT bulob change, but right now, I am just able to scrape the $$$ for the bulbs. I currently have 2 different ballasts, a PFO mag and a lumatek, and hope to get another lumatek in the future... Oh, and...
  12. K

XM 250w on Probe start ballasts?

Ok, I'm getting conflicting info. According to hellolights and Aquacave, the 250w XM 20k will run on my probe start ballast, but according to Marine Depot the 175w will but the 250w will not. Does anybody know? I would rather not spend the money on a bulb that will not work properly. Thanks, Dave
  13. K

WTB 250w ballast in Brea, CA

I'm looking for 250w MH ballast cheap. Let me know what you got and a price. PM please. Thanks, Dave
  14. K

Live Rock FS or Trade in Brea, CA

I have about 40 Lbs of LR from my tank overhaul. Looking for $80 OBO or some monti digis or Caps, or sweet palys. I'm very negotiable. PM only please. I also have about 10 lbs of Live sand, too. Here's pics:
  15. K

Wrasse w/o sand temporarily

Thanks Blake, great idea. The DG will be happy to have his own...