Recent content by KevinB

1. KevinB

Yellow Tang - Rapid breathing

Thanks! I started with the cleaning now. For me it's hours of fun together with the wife, as she is the one that wanted the aquarium most actually :>
  2. KevinB

I won't use that tank for anything else than QT. About the cleaning, Do I just let RO/DI water flow through it for a while and change it every couple of days? Santa (mother in law) came already partly :) Got a very generous shop gift card for the aquarium store at the other side of my country...
  3. KevinB

Ah ffs really :s I check too late now. A misfortune never comes alone it seems. My wife was just hospitalized so I couldnt check the forum ofc. Just came back home and the fish is dead... I knew I shouldn't have gone to that store, as it has bad rep, but I got no other option as the nearest...
  4. KevinB

He said to try Cupramine for a week. 5 drops for 2 days, then 3 drops for the rest. If that didn't work he gave Maracyn Two to try after.
  5. KevinB

Moved him now, but the temp of the water is raising a bit, I don't really know how the control the temp, can't really attach the chiller to the nano tank I think.
  6. KevinB

I went to the lfs and bought a 10g nano tank with filter , moonlighting, normal lighting etc and he gave some antibiotics. I filled the tank with my aquarium water and letting it run for a bit and will transfer her in an hour or so I think. She is just laying on the floor now on one side...
  7. KevinB

My water par: Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0 Ammonia: 0 Ph: 8.2 Phophate: 0 Ca: 420 Mag: 1480 Temp: 24.5-25 Salinity: 1.022 She now is laying constantly on one side and it seems her mouth is bleeding internally. I can see her mouth being really red inside. Not sure what the right course of...
  8. KevinB

Hey all I have a lil problem with my Yellow Tang. Since this morning I noticed it breaths very rapid and not sure but doesn't seem like she is eating either. Normally I see her graze whole day long, but not today. Other than that I don't really see any other symptoms, but perhaps a vague red...
  9. KevinB

Another microbubbles topic... help required :/

I never had the issues with microbubbles till 3 days ago. It suddenly started from one night on the next and I'm 100% sure it's skimmer related. When I turn the skimmer off the bubbles stop. I checked the spread sheet for the rsm microbubbles but everything seems ok. The pump seems to be fine...
  10. KevinB

Kev&Naomi's RSM 250

Ok thanks guys :) Guess I'll need to go look for another goby now.
  11. KevinB

Kev&Naomi's RSM 250

Could be as well but I just heard that my brother forgot to come over and feed them... Not sure but you think it's possible that he died after 2 days not being fed? I gave the tang food now straight away and she seems fine. Luckily enough I have some algae she can graze.
  12. KevinB

Kev&Naomi's RSM 250

Little update, not a good one I'm afraid... Gilleke, our goby died today :( We came home from a 2 day trip and she was laying dead on the sand. No idea what caused it yet, but I'm thinking maybe not enough food as all the parameters are fine. The rest seems to do just good. Our Yellow Tang...
  13. KevinB

Shops shipping to Belgium

As the forum was down and lost some posts, I want to remake my previous post. Could the people that replied last time give me those names again please. So looking for shops that ship to belgium. Mostly need Dry Rock and CuC. Thanks guys!
  14. KevinB

We're back!

Welcome back RS! Finally something to do again during my studybreaks ;)
  15. KevinB

DIY Refugium

Thanks both for your input. @DaveK I only added the LR as it was mentioned to be a plus point on the Melev's Reef site. I didn't see that in any video yet but didn't really think any further really. Good point about it being a dirt trap, sound logical so I'll leave it out. The volume was...