Recent content by kdavies

1. kdavies

Juan's Picotope 3G tank journey

Tank is looking great! I will be tuned into this thread.
  2. kdavies

Hello Reef Sanctuary! :D

welcome to rs!
  3. kdavies

375 Gallon Restoration

Best of luck with your tank restoration. I restored a 55 a couple years ago, and I can only immagine what kind of trouble you're running into. Your progress is great though :)
  4. kdavies

Blue Tang Head erosion

Hope your fish gets better soon. I hate to see any of the little guys get like that.
  5. kdavies

Mini Paradise

DIY LEDs might be your best option then. Most LED fixtures will cost you a pretty penny.
  6. kdavies

Mini Paradise

Pico tanks are always a blast! I do not have any Ideas for LED lights, but If you're looking to upgrade the lighting you can double the lighting power with one of these. Amazon.com: REAL BLACK - 26W Energy Saving Nano/Refugium/Sump Aquarium Cliplight… It does have LED moonlights, but moonlights...
  7. kdavies

InWall Tank ideas . . .

Just take out both walls and have a two way 6'x 7' L shaped tank ;)
  8. kdavies

Hello

welcome to RS. I hope you find this site as helpful as I have.
  9. kdavies

Sump advice

Hey, guys. I'm currently in the planning of a 55 gallon tank with either a 29 gallon regular, or a 40 gallon long sump. In the sump i'd like to be able to fit a chamber for overflow, a fuge, a bubble trap, a skimmer, and a return large enough to where i'm not topping off every day. The question...
  10. kdavies

Hi names Pete

Welcome to RS!
  11. kdavies

Diatom Filter

While reading into some tank threads across the internet, I've seen a few tanks with Diatom filters. I've done minimal reading into these, but I thought i'd ask on here. Does anybody have any experience with these? If so, do they ACTUALLY work in removing diatom algae?
  12. kdavies

new power heads, over night?

If I were you, I'd leave all of my powerheads on at all times.
  13. kdavies

Thinking of setting up a 1G Pico Vase

Looking great! can't wait to see it stuffed with corals ;)
  14. kdavies

Garage find

Well, I'm going to trash this Idea :) I might be able to salvage the 4 bulb fixture and make a hood for a freshwater tank.
  15. kdavies

Garage find

:smack: as soon as I posted this I thought of something. I do not know the strength of the glass.