Recent content by Kacy McCure

1. Kacy McCure

salifert alkalinity test

Does someone have the alkalinity test cus i have lost the sheet for it and i need the values. Could somone please supply me with the values as i want to test the alk and i cant remember what i need to see. Thanks.
  2. Kacy McCure

Do you use a UV Sterilizer on your reef tank?

I run mine on a timer, 8 hours a day durin the day.
  3. Kacy McCure

The new addition

My tangs are so fat the spine is an indnet, a good one at that. He, well isnt up to my standards. But like I said he will be if all is well. And the other tangs, sailfin and yellow, picked on him for the first 2 days as normal. The new addition, Jack, stays to the left but all the other...
  4. Kacy McCure

Water change method?

I use marks on the sump, its seems to be more accurat in my tank. I use a 20 gal storage vessel and a powerhead that i transfer wat to the sump and the drain water comes from the tank with a valve inline to regulate the flow to match the power head. I walk around, feed the fis, a little, have...
  5. Kacy McCure

Upgrade??

Go big or GO home. Ive changed my mind. I have a 180 and here is the thing. I wish i had more room, LOVE the look of a tall tank, same surface area on The tank but i know u will give it the flow it needs Woody, I would personally deal with the height as the look is $, 400 watt metal halide...
  6. Kacy McCure

The new addition

I have 100 lbs of live rock brewin, But my wife brought home an achillies tang for half price. Hes about 4 inches and somewhat healthy as i am concerned. All my other tangs are fat and he will also be. A little worried about there heartyness. But if ya dont move once in awhile ya wont get...
  7. Kacy McCure

Upgrade??

Go with the 180. currently i have a desjardin, yellow, achillies, naso, and a hippo tang that do just fine. the achillies is a new addidtion and he is awsome, everyone like him. He was also a steal as the fish store did not have the tank size for him. BUT im worried as they are a bit more...
  8. Kacy McCure

Protien skimmer Good choice

Check this out, do ya believe it? http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Jebo-Protein-Skimmer-520-with-Pump-Up-To-520-Gallon_W0QQitemZ7745115802QQcategoryZ46313QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  9. Kacy McCure

Protien skimmer Good choice

I was wondering of a good protien skimmer. looked at a reef devil delux and an octopuss 150. The acto is rated for a 350 gal and i dont remember what the reef devil was rated at. from the pics i dont know if i like the reef devil construction. please chime in for your thoughts on a good...
  10. Kacy McCure

Clam Concerns

I have just recently aquired a clam and i was wondering ALL the thimgs to keep in mind for my clam to THRIVE and be HEALTHY. Lighting, nutrition, placement, predators, water parameters, and well all the info. I know all u wonderful people can help a fellow reefer. Any input is accepted and...
  11. Kacy McCure

So it starts!

Does anyone have a purple and golden?
  12. Kacy McCure

starfish mucus

Re: starfish mucsu I had a starfish that had whit mucus on him, he actually had an infection that almost rotted a leg off. I held him at the top of the tank every day for 10 min and put a drop of luglos on it. Bam got rid of the infection, but your picture is kind blurry so its hard to tell.
  13. Kacy McCure

More confusion on dripping Kalk.

Da na na na na You can drip it Da na na na na Drip it good. Just drip it, into shape, Drip it up, when its late. lol
  14. Kacy McCure

Live Rock Pop Up - ID Please

I had the same popup in my live rock. U gotta keep control over them if they are buy any "special" stuff ya like cus mine always seem to win. The tenticles on mine are rather long and they do there defensive job. I had to erraticate and move some in my tank as they started on my orange sea...
  15. Kacy McCure

So it starts!

So my purple and golden rod is not displaying like it used to and I was wondering what other people feed theres. I would also like to not i have installed a fuge and it keeps my trates in check very good. Also what type of salt is best. And is a fuge good for stonys?