Recent content by jgsensor

1. J

sump / refugium

Reef Dynamics has good sumps and great service. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the sump needs to be big enough to hold the amount of water that will drain out of the tank when there is no power.
  2. J

You think you have aiptasia? Look here.

You can live dangerous and try a raccoon butterfly. Mine is a breast and ridding my tank of aptasia. Just can't have any other nems in the tank and he is hit or miss with other corals in the tank.
  3. J

Foxface in QT

Mine has only shown minimal interest in the nori sheets, he eats it a bit but not overly excited about them. He has never bothered any corals in the seven years I've had him. Now I use to have an orange spot foxface who loved corals.
  4. J

Foxface in QT

Mine loves mysis, had him for years
  5. J

Bristle worm sting?

Funny my wife says the same thing every time I do this.
  6. J

Bristle worm sting?

Oh I learned that lesson a long time ago, just not smart enough to always follow it even though I have several pairs of gloves for the tank. Stupid is what stupid does..lol. Looks better today the blood blister is drying up. Still swollen, sore, numb and can't bend it.
  7. J

Bristle worm sting?

Just talked to the PA and as expected the response was "you were stung by a what?". So after explaining it, I was told to apply some antibiotics and keep an eye on it. I guess as long as the blood blister doesn't go completely around my finger or no streaks running up my hand I should be ok.
  8. J

Bristle worm sting?

Lol, I'm pretty sure if I go to the ER and tell them it was a bristle worm there will be a bunch of blank stares followed by a "what?". Maybe thats why I haven't got a response from my PA friend yet. I swear I haven't any worms in the tank for a couple years. I thought my wrasse cleaned them...
  9. J

Bristle worm sting?

Thanks for the link, I was reading that earlier. Just sent a text and pic to a friend who's a PA, see what he has to say. I'm keeping an eye on it.
  10. J

Bristle worm sting?

I was moving some rock around in my sump yesterday and when I finished I realized I had bristles sticking out of my finger. Great here we go again should have worn the gloves. So I have been stung before and get some swelling, redness and itching, but this time I have what appears to be a big...
  11. J

You think you have aiptasia? Look here.

It's been a while but maybe a 1/4" or so.
  12. J

Killing Aiptasia with electricity

Virtually eliminated mine in a 375g. I love this thing
  13. J

What t5 bulbs with Ice cap ballasts

Just wondering what brand of T5 bulbs do you run on your Ice Cap Ballast? I found out the hard way awhile back that not all brands of bulbs can be ran on a ballast that overdrives the bulbs like the IC ballasts do. I have been running UVL bulbs, but hate being limited to one brand. Can any...
  14. J

Hitchhiker ID small brown growing stuff

I tried emerald crabs, limpets, lawn mower blennies, tangs, rabbit fish, snails all with no luck. I won't say nothing will eat it, but if there is I never found it. These things are related to jellyfish and they are resillant ltiitle devils. I had a hydrometer fail on me years ago which caused...
  15. J

Hitchhiker ID small brown growing stuff

Ya they are nasty little things. Be careful they pack a nasty little sting.