Recent content by jennleepres

1. jennleepres

new baby reefer

Yes, but I ran a pouch of Api phoszorb and it was completely gone in two days
  2. jennleepres

removing bio balls from wet/dry sump

I've been reading that bio balls cause nitrate problems down the road,and my sump contains one compartment of bio balls, and another compartment of ceramics. Thinking about replacing both bio balls and ceramics with cured live rock rubble as a preventative maintenance. I'm not having problems...
  3. jennleepres

Phosphate Reducing Media Pads? Pros/Cons etc..

It would be best to replace the phosphate media pad before it exhaust within the month due to the fact that it will release what it's already absorbed back into your system. Your phosphate level plays a part in it as well, so if your level is high, of course it will exhaust sooner.
  4. jennleepres

low RO/DI top off water ph is at 5.0

24 hr aeration will help, but the longer it aerates the better the ph will be.
  5. jennleepres

Diatom bloom help

I ran a pouch of API's Phos-zorb (chemical filtration) in my sump in the beginning of my tanks cycle because of the algae bloom, and within 2 days every bit of it was gone.
  6. jennleepres

55G reef and fish tank Journey

Wow! Great looking tank! Looks like something off of mr. Saltwater tank tv. :-)
  7. jennleepres

new baby reefer

Just wanted to meet and greet everyone. Just started a new tank cycle 4 weeks ago. It's a 55gal with a Tom rapids wet/dry with auto top off system, 2 koralia 1050, 65# live rock, 4" dsb. I've already made a few purchases since my tank has cycled. Started with a peppermint shrimp, a few hermit...