Recent content by jeffrey

1. jeffrey

Wanting to sell a 400 S

I've enjoyed my 400 S for 4 years now but my schedule and lifestyle is making it really hard to take care of it. Anyone know what a fair price would be with a chiller?
  2. jeffrey

Jeff's RSM 400

Hey...haven't been on here for a while...busy with life. The tank has been stable and doing well. At this point I have seven fish and many corals. I'm still doing the weekly water changes, changing the sock over the down spouts and keeping up with the protein skimmer. Once you get a year...
  3. jeffrey

Green Tip Bubble

Thanks Buddy!
  4. jeffrey

Jeff's RSM 400

Thanks Buddy, I bought this guy when it was about 4 inches wide. It has moved twice but has been in this location for the past couple of months. The clowns LOVE it !
  5. jeffrey

Rsm s400

It's a great tank and RED SEA has been very supportive. I would suggest that you get two reactors from the start, one for GFO and one for carbon. Throwing this stuff into mesh bags and letting it sit in the bottom of the sump is worthless. I look forward to your progress.
  6. jeffrey

Rsm s400

Your tank is looking good and sooooo reminds me of how far I've come on my 400. The rock looks great, make sure their not too close to the glass so that you can get a cleaner in there. Are you new to saltwater?
  7. jeffrey

Jeff's RSM 400

My Green Tip Bubble.
  8. jeffrey

Green Tip Bubble

Bought this Green Tip Bubble Anemone about 4 months ago when it was 4 inches wide, it has moved twice and has been in this location for the past couple of months.
  9. jeffrey

Red Sea Nitrate teste kit

I've used the Red Sea test kit for months and always got different readings. I too believe that the API test is vague but when I use the test is it shows zero and I'm running carbon in a reactor I never have any issues. I do weekly 10% water changes and make sure not to over feed and all is well.
  10. jeffrey

Red Sea Nitrate teste kit

IMO the API Nitrate test is simple and always correct and cheap, can't go wrong.
  11. jeffrey

Galwaydellboys RSM 400

Congrats on the purchase of your S-400. Save yourself a LOT of grief and purchase the 150 Phosphate Reactor from My 2 Little Fishies, it doesn't take up a lot of room in the sump and will hang on the side of the glass. You will need to purchase a small pump for the reactor. Also go to Bulk Reef...
  12. jeffrey

Nish's RSM S-500 build

My tank came with a bucket of salt for 160 gallons and test kits so you might want to hold off on buying too much stuff.
  13. jeffrey

Stock lighting for a RSM 500S

In such a small area I really don't think it matters. I have no special order/pattern and the corals are doing great!
  14. jeffrey

S Series tank related questions

I use the 4 X 14 filter socks over the return pipes and also stick my chiller return in the same sock. I used the stock Red Sea bulbs that came with the tank for eight months and then changed them out with ATI bulbs...the ATI bulbs are far better. You might want to invest in a small power head...