Recent content by JDeLong

1. J

Pineapple Sponge?

I was changing my chemipure out this morning and noticed that something has been growing in the sump champers of my 130D. Can anyone help me verify that this is indeed Pineapple sponge?
  2. J

RAPID LED ~ FULL SPECTRUM ~ STORM CONTROLLER 130D

yes it is a retrofit kit that installs in OEM hood similar to steve's LED's.....
  3. J

RAPID LED ~ FULL SPECTRUM ~ STORM CONTROLLER 130D

I have just recently purchased and installed RAPIDLED's dimmable full spectrum retrofit for my RSM C130D. All is going well but was curious as to what level others are running their LED's. Right now I am running the following: CH-1 = BLUES 160 CH-2 = WHITE, UV, GREEN & RED 120
  4. J

New To Me C130D

It has been three weeks since I changed water source... from the largest LFS in the area to one of the smallest..... I have no doubt that I'm getting better SW now. The difference in the amount of algae is amazing.
  5. J

New To Me C130D

Should I be disturbing my sand bed? I have brown algae growing that I cannot seem to get under control.. Do I harm the tank by stirring the sand to get rid of the algae? I use only RO salt water from the LFS which now I am suspect of... I will be switching this week to another LFS across town...
  6. J

New To Me C130D

I just put in Chemi Pure Elite in the last chamber where the pumps are.... any reason why that is not a good spot for it.... I don't have a media rack...
  7. J

Just a Few Pics

What type of ZOA are these?
  8. J

Just a Few Pics

Just a few updated pics of the tank.. this tank is about 2 Months old. Still dealing with GHA more than I care to..
  9. J

New To Me C130D

I am still seeing enough GHA that I get the toothbrush out about every 3 days... This seems like alot to me.. Am I hurting or helping? What has worked the best for you to control it?
  10. J

New To Me C130D

Thanks for the input.... yes it is most def a GBTA... I'll keep a close eye on it for sure.. I'll post another pic of it after it eats... it bubbles right up after a piece of shrimp.... What do you think about using a phosphate remover... the GHA is a real problem for me right now but the...
  11. J

New To Me C130D

Here is an update photo of the tank... added the BTA a few days ago..seems happy, clowns will not go near it.. Still dealing with GHA..... Should I add a phosphate remover? Nitrite = 0 Nitrate=<5 PPM
  12. J

New To Me C130D

I need advice on what if any filter media needs to be used with the 130D. Right now I have the black foam filter above the skimmer pump and one small bag of activated carbon (do I need this) sitting on top of the black sponge filter and that is it... Is that enough? I have plenty of LR (see...