Recent content by jbshaffer

1. J

Please identify this green pokey stuff :D

Hi all: What's this green pokey stuff? Photos of the stuff and tank follow (with and without flash). Thanx for your help!
  2. J

Anenomes? Boy have I got Anenomes!! :D

Thanx! Even though they are taking over the tank, I really enjoy them. The constant movement adds to the "feel" of the tank.
  3. J

My Five Year Old RSM250...

Right? The biggest leather measures over 16 inches at it's widest point. Thanx!
  4. J

Not much really. Check the water and skimmer cup. Clean the glass. Feed the livestock. Check the temp. Do a bristle worm roundup once in a while. Shoot a syringe of hot water down the skimmer air tube to keep it unblocked. Talk to the fish. Listen to my pencil tip crunch coral on her...
  5. J

I enjoy the movement as well. I have never been able to sustain SPS or LPS. The tank has stabilized where its at. And thanx!
  6. J

My LFS is 200 miles away. I get most of my stock shipped to me. The toadstool is over 16 inches at its widest point. It started out as a two inch specimen from Live Aquaria :D
  7. J

How level do I need to be?

...I shimmed mine with floor tiles. Squared off under each corner of the tank stand until level.
  8. J

Thanx! That's kinda what I thought. I've actually reduced what I feed them to about a dime sized piece of sliced shrimp. I only have one clown and he tends to travel quite a bit :D
  9. J

Thanx! I started this tank about five years ago. I transferred from a five year old tank. So total age of most of the corals is ten years or better. My tank is completely stock. The bioballs are the originals. I conduct irregular water changes. I do RO my water. I do not add any chemicals. My...
  10. J

Started with one...no action for a long time. I now have over a dozen. I hand feed them, cut up shrimp, once a week. They move around slowly. They actually have different preferences for location. I have anemones in my sump. The corals seem to tolerate their movement.
  11. J

Believe it or not...one!!!! I had one anemone for the longest time. I left on a road trip, came back a week later and found two. From that humble beginning I now have about a dozen or so. I hand feed them, cut up shrimp, once a week. They are all over, including my sump!
  12. J

Actually the tank takes care of itself...I just kinda nudge it along :D Thanx!
  13. J

Actually there are two in the tank. They both span about 18 inches.