Recent content by Jay Morris

1. J

New cheato light review..

wow. Great job at unpacking the light
  2. J

Timmons Reefer 525 Build

I am enjoying you build. Where did you rent the suction handles for moving that tank? Man thats faith.
  3. J

Diatom Cleanup

Hello .I have a 120 gal tank that finished its cycle 2 weeks ago. I am now in the diatom stage with it covering most of the glass. While I do have a small cuc inside, I would like to know if I should manually clean off some of the diatoms myself
  4. J

How much flow through your sump do have?

The heart of the filtration system is a biological system This is exactly why we use live rock that hosts this bio media in the DT. The main bio filtration therefore occurs in the DT.and not in the sump. It is the DOCs that are removed by the skimmer in the sump before it becomes ammonia. If...
  5. J

120gal build by hummer41269

I was thinking the same thing for food and that's not to think about the babies yet to come
  6. J

got my 100g running for a week... just did my first tests, how am I doing?

Skip the testing for a few weeks (3 or so) unless your are just plain looking for something to do. This is a waste of time and money. Let your tank start coming to life and becoming active and producing some meaningful numbers to measure. Testing will not speed things up.
  7. J

Help posting links

Is it not possible to post photos here unless going through Photobucket?
  8. J

Shimp vs Ammonia

Ok. So it's shrimp then. The Letterman anyone?
  9. J

Live Rock Question ....

Good Luck and Happy Reefing!
  10. J

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

Update please.
  11. J

Advice needed

You want to buy Lysmata wurdenmanni, as it is the reef safe one. The other species can damage your small polyps and other corals so it is important to know that you bought the right species. If you are really worried about your peppermint shrimp bothering your coral, you can drop one in for a...
  12. J

really embarasing question

This is Marso' rock and is supposed to be cured already
  13. J

really embarasing question

I am confused again. It has been my understanding that LR feeds on Ammonia. By organisms i hope you are not speaking of the biological goodies.