Recent content by Jared410

1. Jared410

tuxedo urchin

I love mine, always picking up stuff, it's crazy the stuff they pick up. Ours does knock stuff over, but glad we have 'em. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Jared410

iDip vs Hanna vs other Water Testing equipment

I know the Hanna are 2%-8% more accurate than the iDip (according to spec sheet), but when adding powder and drops myself, how consistent am i really being? How consistent am i when the color doesn't match up to the chart? The iDip can measure 15+ different tests "with more to come". But the...
  3. Jared410

iDip vs Hanna vs other Water Testing equipment

I am almost out of my Red Sea testing kit and was debating to stay with what i have or try something new. I saw the iDip at MACNA and was decently impressed. It was reasonably quick and a cool new toy. I see most people use the Hanna checkers, but after buying 3-4 of the tests i need, it now...
  4. Jared410

My first tank, RSM C-130

Well after some thought we figured out we should come up with a better plan. I removed the one green branch algae. There are a lot of ways to target the aiptasia, just trying to figure what the way we are going to try. Had a scare tonight, the we noticed a couple corals looking off. I quickly...
  5. Jared410

My first tank, RSM C-130

My initial thought was to take the Brain Coral off the rock and also the sponge. Get rid of the rock altogether, we only have it because of the brain coral. I do not have a band saw to cut it with. Some things i read said i may be able to pry off the skeleton from the rock. I think I might...
  6. Jared410

My first tank, RSM C-130

Thanks. Will get rid of them tonight.
  7. Jared410

My first tank, RSM C-130

For all you that have never been before, MACNA is great, we are planning to see if we can attend next year. Hopefully next time we can stay longer and hang out. We made a few purchases as MACNA, and started adding some frags to the tank. Our purple tipped hammer, doing great in the tank...
  8. Jared410

My first tank, RSM C-130

Last weekend we added two new members to our tank. "Mel" a Melanurus Wrasse, and "Orange" a Flame angle. (Named by my 2y.o.) The Flame angle for the first few days was all out and about and great to watch swim around, but for the last 3 days she has just stayed hidden in some rocks. I can...
  9. Jared410

What Temperature Do You Keep Your Tank At ?

I contacted Red Sea about it. I stated that it was working around the 81-82 range and their reply was that was normal operation. I am guessing Red Sea presumes 81-82 is Reef Spec. With my added fan i built i am now right around 80. I think that will work for starting some corals. I will...
  10. Jared410

Coraljunkie, do you have a Red Sea tank? How do you keep it that low with no chiller? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Jared410

Great answer. Thanks. Mine was hanging out at 81, with fluctuations to 82. Rigged up an old stereo cooking fan up an now the tanks been 79 to 80. I think tomorrow I will make it a little more solid and see how it does the rest of the week. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. Jared410

120g reef tank tear down, Doylestown pa 18901

Do you have a chiller?
  13. Jared410

So it seems like my RSM C-130 is OK to be running at 79-80.5. We are thinking about getting into corals and was told 81 was to high but after reading this i think we will be OK for the ones we are looking at. If i did want to get a chiller for a RSM C-130 is there anything i should look for...
  14. Jared410

Becoming an urchin fan

Figured I'd show off my blue tuxedo. After enjoying my other two tiny urchins more than I ever expected, my wife got me this one. Even came with a great hitchhiker. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk