Recent content by Jake970

1. Jake970

Getting back into reefing!

So got my azure damels (3) and my ORA Springer dottyback comes tomorrow and got a free dwarf moray eel. Also I now know what keeps happening to my shrimp. My snails murder my shrimp immediately so they are going to have to die for their sins. Jk they are going in the sump, my watchman goby is...
  2. Jake970

I got my first coral in, don't remember what I got cause I was drinking. Apparently ordered a huge bubble tip sea star, that is awesome. Got my yellow watchman goby that is already paired with a pistol shrimp. 2 porcelain crabs and 2 Babylon snails, all from Blue Zoo Aquatics. Tbh I don't think...
  3. Jake970

Honestly I love it.... I am so mad I ever spent time buying other aquariums. This tank is so good, that it is a constant reminder of how much money I wasted in this hobby not just starting with a good tank. If red sea offered a finance option I probably would of gone with them but this tank is...
  4. Jake970

My UV sterilizer comes tomorrow to deal with my God awful cloud in my tank. Also ordering either my black ice clown fish pair or my goby/shrimp pair. Over the next month I will be replacing the excess rock I put in my sump with blocks and swapping out my current macro algae with chaeto. Turns...
  5. Jake970

Got her set up today, 20# of LR in display 20# in the sump. Parameters are all good for fish should have my first guy in there by tomorrow.
  6. Jake970

QT tank ideas...

I had the thought of having the last fish I QT in it stay in it. Got my main display up today should have a couple fish in there tomorrow.
  7. Jake970

QT tank ideas...

You are missing the entire point. I have already explained what I would do in the event of needing to medicate. I am not sure why this is such a difficult concept for you to grasp or why you think I am unaware of how a med tank works. Simply asking if anyone has done a permanent QT tank that is...
  8. Jake970

Tank arrived today! The cabinet was a nightmare to set up. To be clear it was crazy easy as far as actually putting stuff together goes but the instructions were not helpful at all and I had to contact waterbox support to figure it out as there is no video for my specific stand online. I get...
  9. Jake970

QT tank ideas...

Yea super unhelpful buddy, sorry. I addressed medication and was wondering about permanent nice QT tanks and if anyone has done it, not just gone the cheap route. You can have sand for a QT especially if you have sand sifting fish, they don't particularly like bare bottoms and I am going to be...
  10. Jake970

QT tank ideas...

My thought process being I could use it as a nice observation tank and if I need to medicate I can always use a cheap petco 5-10 gallon w/ a sponge filter. I
  11. Jake970

QT tank ideas...

So my Waterbox 70.3 doesn't arrive until the end of the month/beginning of next month and I realize I will have a lot of QTing to do. I was curious if anyone has done a 10-20 gallon permanent QT tank w/ sand/live rock? I was thinking about getting a Waterbox 10 AIO cube and setting it up next to...
  12. Jake970

Well apparently I ordered an out of stock model, so I won't be posting any updates until the end of the month when it should be in stock and shipping :(
  13. Jake970

To anyone who has an IceCap gyre 1 or 3k

Hello anyone taking the time to check this post, As stated in the title I am looking for anyone who has had hands on experience w/ the IceCap gyre. I currently have a 70.3 Waterbox tank being delivered to me and I wanted to know if I can use the gyre on the glass partition in the back, with the...
  14. Jake970

Thanks for the tip! Tomorrow I will get my live sand, fiji pink fine sand, and potentially start buying 70 gallons of water.
  15. Jake970

HELP! how do i get rid of bristelworms and ich and algae

Just remember to never dose copper in your main display (I did that on my very first tank, luckily it was before I added my shrimps) and had to buy a whole new tank. Ended up turning my original display into a quarantine tank.