Recent content by J_T

1. J

Black brittlestar predator?

what is a common size for one of these. Mine has legs that are probably 8-9" (I say probably, since I only ever see part of him when I stick food near him)
  2. J

New oceanic salt

I wonder if the algae is a result of a different salt, not the salt itself? I have been using oceanic since I setup my tank. I have had no problems with algae once I started to use RO water.
  3. J

slight odor from water/brownand green algae problem

That should help, if not go with the carbon.
  4. J

BUBBLE ALGAE effective ways to combat it

Putting my vote in for the emeralds. Took care of my problem. I now have 2 emeralds that keep it gone. I see some now and again, by the time I think to check again, it is gone.
  5. J

thinning out corals

How big are the frags? There are a couple that I like, but the prices that you are asking seem a bit high, for a frag. Send me a PM.
  6. J

clowns

Yep, they will nip at you sometimes. Nothing unnormal. My 3 inch clark's have become a little more aggresive towards my hand when I am in the tank now that they are breeding.
  7. J

show us your DIY Closed loop circulation

What exactly is a closed loop. Is it when the water goes from the tank, and then back in, without going through any filters/sumps???
  8. J

10% off at www.inreef.com

Joe, do you ship to Canada? If so, could you email me a price on 2 of the CoralVue 250 watt 15000k bulb, special. I would need fast shipping. I got one of the bad bulbs that I have heard people talking about. Some days it works some days it won't. I had to rearrange the coral so they were under...
  9. J

dual 400W mogul vs dual 250W HQI?

I am using 2x 250 watt 10K, on my 75 gallon. The Maxima that I have in there is loving it. It opens nicely, colours are great. I personaly think that if I had gone with anything more powerful, I was looking a 400watt, that it would be to bright. I have enough problems right now, trying to get...
  10. J

Halimeda

well I don't know about depleating calcium, I have never had problems with mine. I do have to get a new test. I don't fully trust mine. But whether the tests indicates the right level or not, it doesn't drop drasticly. Also it is very easy to remove. If you grab it right at the base (like I did...