Recent content by Island Hopper

1. I

black worm..LARGE!

I have one also! Not sure how long it is,I have only seen it a couple of times at night with a red light. Even then it is really shy and I've never seen it from head to tail. Always stays in the same rock, he's about the diameter of a pencil and is at least 12" long and very fast when retreating...
  2. I

Periwinkle Snails

A friend of mine is wanting to buy some of these snails. I can't find anything that sounds all that good for adding them to a Reef Tank. Anyone had any experience with these snails?
  3. I

Turf Scrubber

Mine has been running in my refugium for two weeks, so it's a little early to tell if it's going to do the job I'm hoping for. If it works great! If not oh well. All I have invested is a little time and a few bucks.
  4. I

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin they are cpf and will rough up the current screen. Will be the weekend before I can get somewhere to buy another screen.
  5. I

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Pics of scrubber first 7 days and first cleaning.
  6. I

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Been tagging alone on this great thread and have completed and installed my A. Scrubber. It's been up a week and I have completed my first cleaning. Went to a larger pump for better water flow. So far so good.
  7. I

Snails...whats good?

I kept two in Margarita snails in my 12 gal. Nano with the temp. at 79 degree with no problems. I like these snails as they will work both the rock and glass.
  8. I

10k, 14k,1 15k, 20k? Which do you like?

I've tried the 10 k's and 14s and like the 14 k the best for my 150. Now using 2 SPS 14 k 400 w MH
  9. I

Bahamas Bound...

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner, could have told u how to go into the "Digs" for free. When we were there they wanted $30 bucks to tour it. That is one amazing place. My wife and I spent and afternoon there looking at all the tanks before going outside and looking around from the top. We...
  10. I

Water change method?

Marked my tank(150) on the side at 5 gal. intervals and simply pump it out to basement drain with small powerhead and hose. Mix my water in a trash container and reverse process.
  11. I

New 150 Fish And Coral Reef

I'm currently running two 10,000 k 400 W MH in my 150. This seems to be plenty of light. Tank has only been up and running for about 3 months so it's going to be a slow process. Not looking to add any sps for a while. Currently have some shrooms, RBT, couple of Brains, Yumas, GPS, Red Blasto and...