Recent content by in_a_days

1. in_a_days

Tank Renovation / Dwarf Puffer Questions

I have a 75 gallon tall tank that I had pretty well neglected for about a year (after my big lion died). It just had a couple damsels and they never seemed particularly stressed by the aforementioned neglect. But a couple months ago I committed to getting the tank cleaned up and restocked. I...
  2. in_a_days

in_a_days' saltwater adventure

Correct. Basically a Chaeto growing bulb. A couple snails that I had written off as dead came to life today. Hopefully it's a sign that whatever was irritating the inverts is passing. I also picked up five and a half pounds of pre-cured fiji live rock. I yanked out the coliseum lookin'...
  3. in_a_days

I have to think so. I've had it less than a year, and I've used it as recently as six weeks ago to detect nitrite in my little 5 gallon. I've never seen detectable nitrite in the main tank since it finished cycling. The fish seem really happy after yesterdays water change. I'm going to keep...
  4. in_a_days

:laughroll Well I've had a couple kids in the house in the last couple months, but none of them tall enough to drop a penny or any other coinage into the tank. The only place I can figure it could possibly have come from would be like some residue on the PVC pipe, or something in the glue...
  5. in_a_days

I'm going to do another large water change today and see what happens. My concern is that somehow (no clue how) some copper may have leaked into the system. For like a week my hermits and snails were almost totally inactive, I lost a couple snails, and the 'shroom shriveled. All within a...
  6. in_a_days

The system has been running continually for about a week and a half now. No leaks anywhere, but, as tbittner predicted I do have a little splashing and creep. My buddy is going to shave down the front of a 45 and put basically a "shield" in front of the return drain. Hopefully this will...
  7. in_a_days

aptasia treatment question

I believe most the posters here will recommend a product called Joe's Juice. Just inject the 'nem with a little and it's toast. I've also read that you can use lemon juice.
  8. in_a_days

You think YOU have problem crabs...

Japanese Spider Crab
  9. in_a_days

I bought a new heater to replace the one that exploded and added the sand I received to the 'fuge. So the sand is a minimum of 3" throughout the 'fuge and as deep as 4 1/2" in a couple spots. Hopefully this will be a positive step towards nitrate reduction. But I have a couple questions for...
  10. in_a_days

55 gallon

Beautiful set-up Jake!
  11. in_a_days

Thanks Craig! According to USPS tracking I should be receiving the sand to fill out the 'fuge today... I moved my 300W heater into the 'fuge last night. So I woke up this morning and the power was out down stairs... I flipped the breaker and everything came back on so I took off for work. My...
  12. in_a_days

ebay live rock

I agree that based on his feedback it's probably a quality product. He has a ton of unique positive comments specifically hyping the quality of the rock. 1 negative comments out of 423 is killer. I would be willing to bet you're safe ordering from these guys. I have never ordered LR off...
  13. in_a_days

Everything is running great today. Not a spot of leakage anywhere along the PVC so I'm quite comfortable letting it run when I'm gone. Chaeto is on the way and I ordered another 30 pounds of live sand to finish the bed. Nitrates have been steady at 20 for the last week or so. I'm thinking...
  14. in_a_days

Well I've had this weird critter on a piece of live rock for a couple months now. And I'm finally sure that it's Aiptasia. Fortunately there's only one of them and it's never moved so hopefully if I get rid of him that'll be the end of it. I read you can inject them with lemon juice and...
  15. in_a_days

Glove Polyp? Sorry no pics...

Do I need to kill this thing? Everything I read seems to say kill it.