Recent content by huntersmoon

1. H

Moving my fish from San Diego to Austin?

Thanks Adam, there are a couple of San Diego reef clubs and I will check into that. Is the opinion here that it would be feasible to transport the fish? Even with half of the water that micro tank is 50-60 lbs and very hard to move around (i.e. I wouldn't be able to bring it into the hotel...
  2. H

Moving my fish from San Diego to Austin?

Hi, I have posted here a few times, some months ago. I used to have a 60 gallon reef tank and now have a micro reef tank with a single fish, a clown fish. She has outlived all other fish (5-6 years so far) and when the last fish died a year or so ago we decided to leave her an only fish as...
  3. H

Preparing to transfer fish back into DT after Ich treatment

Thanks - the DT was empty of fish as this clown is our only fish at the moment. It has live rock and has been running for 5 years. I matched the temp & salinity of the two tanks. The pH matched already, and there was no ammonia, nitrate, copper, etc. I measured the calcium as well, which was...
  4. H

I'm planning on acclimating it as I normally would but not pouring the bag of water into the DT tank - pouring it into a bowl over a fishnet instead.
  5. H

Okay I'm ready to put the fish back in the DT. I've tested the DT water and it's all normal (consulted the water quality sticky here as well), and the pH and temps match. Just checking that there's nothing else I need to do with the DT and that I can just put the fish back in. Or do I need to...
  6. H

No problem, thanks for the suggestion. To be clear, it's been six weeks spot free and four weeks post-copper treatment. Should I wait another four weeks? Thanks Shannon
  7. H

Hi again, My little clownfish has survived the ich treatment and has been spot free for about 5 weeks (we are on week four after finishing the copper treatment and removing the copper). I am beginning to think toward returning her to the DT and want to see if there are any particular steps...
  8. H

Q at the end of the Cupramine treatment

Thanks, I did a 50% water change last night and put activated charcoal in, while I was waiting for a reply. It's still at 1.0 this morning and I'm about to do another. I'll do the 4 wk quarantine as you directed. Thanks Shannon
  9. H

Q at the end of the Cupramine treatment

(I've read the Cupramine thread and have two additional questions) I have been treating my clownfish (which is doing well). When I began the QT and Cupramine treatment on 9/2, I only had an API test kit. I was able to go get a Salifert test kit last week and have been dosing and testing...
  10. H

Update on my copper treatment

Updating again as the clownfish has stopped flashing, is eating and swimming normally again. So far so good. Shannon
  11. H

My clownfish is still hanging in there - seemed to improve the past two days, showing no signs of stress and eating normally. My nitrites and ammonia are zero, copper is .5, salinity, pH, and temp are constant. I'm doing the large water changes as needed, according to the directions written in...
  12. H

Hi, I am using Cupramine, but the pet stores near me do not have the Seachem test so I got an API. I've called around to the stores in an hour radius - fish stores as well as pet stores - and some have other Seachem tests but not the copper. I've called the stores that Seachem lists for my...
  13. H

I had originally posted a question on hyposalinity, but decided to go with copper treatment instead, after reading leebca's reply. I did the initial treatment Wednesday night and the second half today. I'm not counting days yet since I'm still trying to get the copper level right at .5 (it's...
  14. H

Q on hyposalinity treatment for ich

Thanks Lee, The fish does have many spots, so I will do the freshwater bath and a copper treatment, and will make sure I have the antibiotic on hand as well. Thanks Shannon