Recent content by Hitnhope

1. Week 1

Week 1

stand has been started
  2. H

Protein Skimmers in UK

Ok realise that most of you are in US so are not aware of the UK market. However maybe you could help me with this one. my tank volume say 350 litres I presume I should add the volume of the sump say 120 litres. Total 470 I was going to get a skimmer rated for double as someone suggested ie...
  3. H

Credit where its due!

:clink: Firstly I just wanted to say a big thank you to all who have helped me so far. At the moment Iam building my stand for my aquarium. I intend to take a picture of my adventure as I go and use it as my avatar. My first picture will hopefully be of my stand and be ready by the end of next...
  4. H

Protein Skimmers in UK

Hi everyone, I have read and taken all the advice given to me and I am now of the opinion that to buy the best protein skimmer you can afford will pay dividends in the long run. However I am located in the UK and I would like to ask your advice to any memebers who can tell me what are the...
  5. H

first of many questions

What would you recommend as a substrate?
  6. H

first of many questions

Thanks very much. You and additional reading has converted me. I am going to change my tank order today to a predrilled one with weir for a sump setup. I am also investigating the idea of making my own sump. I measured the space in my home made cabinet and I could fit in a sump of 24"x15"x18"...
  7. H

first of many questions

Thanks for your time much appreciated. I have not yet purchased any equipment other than ordering the tank. I do intend buying the best equipment as you suggest and I will be ordering those books you suggested. Are we saying then that a canister / fluidized bed are no good for a FO or FOWLR...
  8. H

first of many questions

I have ordered my tank (48"x18"x24")(LxDxH). I believe this is adequate. I am obviously aware that US Gallons are different to Imperial however I am amazed at how websites give different answers for the volume of a tank of this size. Can anyone please give me a definitive answer as to the...
  9. H

Coming Home

Hi everyone, I have not kept marine fish for about ten years and would consider myself very inxperienced. I am going to set up a saltwater tank in the coming months and would be helpful of all the advice i can get.
  10. H

Hi everyone,

Re: Making your first post Hi everyone, I have not kept marine fish for about ten years and would consider myself very inxperienced. I am going to set up a saltwater tank in the coming months and would be helpful of all the advice i can get.