Recent content by hedgeclipper2

1. H

IM Nuvo Concept Abyss Panorama Build

Here are better pics of the polyps up close with pumps turned off:
  2. H

I also set up a Micro-Reefs 4.3 pico tank which is currently cycling and will soon be my Sexy Shrimp tank :)
  3. H

Sorry for lack of updates, been super busy at work with new projects. Day 36 AM: Salinity: 1.025 pH: 8.0 Ammonia: 0.00 ppm Nitrite: 0.00 ppm Nitrate: ~5.0 ppm kH: 9 Calcium: 440 Phosphates: 0.00 ppm Since set up I have added the Tunze Nano Osmolator, inTank media basket running filter floss...
  4. H

IM Nuvo Concept Abyss Panorama Build Thread

Day 10 AM: Salinity: 1.025 pH: 8.0 Ammonia: (between 0.25 ppm and 0.00 ppm) Nitrite: 0.00 ppm Nitrate: (between 5.0 ppm and 0.00 ppm) The ATO has been keeping the salinity very stable and temperature seems to only fluctuate between 80-81.2 degrees during the day. I am thinking once Ammonia...
  5. H

New LR hitchhiker ID?

I got a better picture of the second one, it moves around a little bit and when I shine a bright light on it it sucks back in. How do I get rid of the Hydroids?
  6. H

New LR hitchhiker ID?

Our tank is almost cycled and have noticed these two hitchhikers, any idea what they might be?
  7. H

We also have some hitchhikers from the live rock we bought at the LFS. Any idea what these are?
  8. H

Day 8 AM: pH: 8.0 Ammonia: .25 ppm Nitrite: 0.00 ppm Nitrate: 5.0 ppm I never really saw a Nitrite spike at all, and I was testing two times a day, highest I saw was .50 ppm. I thought the Nitrite would spike as high as the Ammonia levels?
  9. H

Yeah, we won't be adding CuC until cycle is done, just trying to plan ahead to see what to get.
  10. H

Day 5 PM: Salinity - 1.025 Ammonia - 2.0 ppm (holding steady) Nitrite - .025 ppm (first time this has showed anything) pH - 8.0 Now the spouse is already asking what CuC we should get, and since we won't have much bioload at first and don't want to be feeding to much and introduce too many...
  11. H

Sicce Syncra Silence 1.5 installed - best, purchase, ever. Tank is almost whisper quiet now and flow is greatly improved. Was kind of hard to install since reaching all the way down into the bottom of the sump in the AIO is hard. Tunze Nano Osmolator - what can I saw, I was tired of topping off...
  12. H

Day 4 AM: Ammonia: 3.0 ppm Nitrites: 0.0 ppm New Sicce 1.5 return pump, Tunze ATO and other goodies will be here this afternoon, yay!
  13. H

Spouse brought home some ammonium chloride from his lab, dosed to about 4.0 ppm. This is much better than the dead shrimp in the tank method ha.
  14. H

I feel bad for the little guy though. All alone with no food and a large ammonia/nitrite spike headed his way :(