Recent content by Happy hour

1. H

Complete Set Up RSM 500S

For Sale Complete Set up Red Sea Max S500, original spec, excellent condition in white, set up December 2012. Complete with contents, Livestock: Pair of Pecula Clowns Regal Tang Watchman Gobie Citrinis Clown Gobie 3 Cleaner shrimps 1 Coral banded shrimp Brittle Starfish...
  2. H

Worth switching to LED's?

Ive bitten the bullet and changed. Installed 2 AI Hydras today. I thought the tank might look odd without the lighting hood but the Hydras look cool and I like the open look. I couldnt see the point in paying out £200 for a complete set of tubes every 8-9 months, paying the increased electricity...
  3. H

Corking, ill take a look, thanks Choff Sent from sunny Essex
  4. H

After a summer of wildly fluctuating temperatures I'm planning on switching the T5's on my S500 to LED's. My tubes are coming up for replacement, the added cost through electricity usage and changing over will probably do away with the need for a chiller makes me think this is the way forward...
  5. H

Jeff's RSM S500

Hi jeff, the main return pump should be relatively quiet, you should have a couple of rubber mats in the package, I placed one under my skimmer and one under my return pump. My skimmer is the noisiest component in my setup. Don't use the skimmer until after your tank has cycled, little point...
  6. H

Pistol shrimp and a ( )?

Yellow watchman goby, took to my pistol within minutes of the shrimps arrival 2 months ago, been inseparable since! Sent from sunny Essex
  7. H

Marine Aquarium white things?

Misgivings likely towards the armchair viewpoint is id imagine? Sent from sunny Essex
  8. H

Auto feeder?

Yep that's the only way I could see of doing it, raise one light bar and programme the others to be on for longer, seeing how they adjust to dried should be interesting. Cheers Dave Sent from sunny Essex
  9. H

Auto feeder?

Anyone using an autofeeder with an RSM? Im just wondering about the lighting clearance on a 500 and whether the heat from the lights would have any effect.
  10. H

Tank Cycle

Kevin, also be aware that there may not be a cycle so to speak, I had put 3 large prawns in my tank over a period of several weeks without any readings whatsoever before I realised that there was enough bacteria in my rock to cope with whatever I threw in there. After a couple of weeks if...
  11. H

Brittle Star Question

Yep they are generally fine, mine spans around 10'' not quite sure as I never get to see his body only his long tentacles which are always out if the rock searching for crap. He never bothers the other inhabitants and I feed him a small piece of prawn 1-2 times a week. Sent from sunny Essex
  12. H

How do I frag mushrooms and palys.

I've fragged Palys by snipping a polyp off and sticking it to rock using putty, not ideal I know but I had no glue at the time and each one I've done has spread well, they seem pretty tolerant! Sent from sunny Essex
  13. H

Micro bubbles from skimmer pump.

Cheers Dave Had to use a cut down washer, couldn't find one the right size but it worked, no bubbles at all now. Thanks for your help. Sent from sunny Essex
  14. H

Automatic Top Off System in Red Sea Max S 500

Stolii Dismantled mine and found that one of the nylon threads had been stripped and bodged with ptfe tape. Wasn't providing an airtight seal so no matter what adjustment I made it had no difference on the valve assembly. Quality! Sent from sunny Essex
  15. H

Automatic Top Off System in Red Sea Max S 500

Ive not been able to adjust mine over the two months ive had it running. It seems that once ive got it dripping at the correct rate it will continue until the reservoir is empty, no matter what. It seems that the valve serves no purpose at all.