Recent content by GvineReefer

1. G

GvineReefer's new (to me) RSM 130

Turns out it's not really an adapter. Just a new base plate that the timer attaches to. I believe it accounts for a larger hole to allow movement of the timers dial. We sanded the current one down to allow for movement, but maybe not enough. I have my doubts that this will work, but I may be...
  2. G

Well, the new timer was a tight fit and the dial would not turn. We got a file and filed the plastic down to allow the dial to turn by hand. But, still not movement on the dial to keep time when plugged in. If the "adapter" only lifts the timer up and allows for movement, I'm not sure that is...
  3. G

She actually replied not 2 minutes after I posted that, lol Thanks though
  4. G

And as far as the timer issue goes, I spoke with Kevin from RSM via this website. Not knowing he was in the UK, I was directed by to Pinky. He did however help me out and explained I needed an adapter for the back of the new timer. I sent Pinky an email yesterday, so just waiting to hear back...
  5. G

I had a chance to snap a pic last night of the RSM in its new place. Looks good to me and I'm happy with the new rock work. A few overhangs and plenty of sand bed to place LPS. Now the problem is keeping my dad patient and getting him to realize the importance of completing the cycle. He's...
  6. G

Yes, the switch is turned on. The timer switch is in the middle, which means it should be keeping time. For some reason, it's not though. If I had any of the wiring to the timer and or on/off switch wired incorrectly, do you think the lights would still work in any way? I tried to match the...
  7. G

Ok, the move is complete. Just a few small things to tidy it up, but it's got rock, sand and water at the parents house. We changed the sand over to white and made some great changes to the rock. The scape looks much better than before, so I'll post some pic's when the water clears up. One...
  8. G

Thanks Terry. I just think this is the best way to go about it. Of course I have talked it up and tried to get him to finally get one, and now that he's ready, I'd feel bad if he spent a lot of money and couldn't handle it. He saw a big RSM in our LFS and loved it from day one, but we all...
  9. G

Ok guys, I've been MIA for a few weeks, so chiming in for an update. I'm going through my first algae bloom and I think some hair algae came off of a piece of live rock I put in to help seed the tank. Not exactly the type of seeding I was hoping for, but I'm doing my part to get rid of it now...
  10. G

Jesse's RSM 130D Reef

I'm intrigued on your lighting setup, as I don't feel I'm getting this good of lighting and coloration in my corals in my RSM. In your first post you stated you had the stock setup, then a shot under LED's? Can you expand on this? I'm debating putting together a full LED retrofit, but would...
  11. G

Jesse's RSM 130D Reef

Do you still only have stock lighting? The colors are great!
  12. G

Ok guys, looks like my cycle went decently quick this time around. My ammonia/nitrates spiked pretty early and I watched it go down pretty quick. I let it stay flat for about 4-days and then did a big water change last week. After a few days, tested the water at home and took it to my LFS and...
  13. G

Beginner Jason's RSM 250

It's good to hear the news on being previously set up, so that get's you past step 1. Continue testing for a few weeks just to make sure, but if you're good after about 3-4 weeks, I think you'll be fine. One question though: What type of damsel did you get? Some are more aggressive than...
  14. G

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with it. The wifey even likes it, and she's not a huge fan of the LED's on the 90-gal, so this is a plus. Very easy mod that I would recommend to anyone with an RSM. I direct my stock return pumps to the surface so it creates good agitation and gives me the...
  15. G

Alright guys, LED mod done. Project was very simple and I'm more than pleased with the outcome. For minimal investment, I've got some great lights to help with the dawn/dusk effect. They provide no additional coloration with the stock lighting on (at least not to my eye), but by themselves...