Recent content by GreatWhiteShark

1. GreatWhiteShark

coraline...

Best way to get coralline to grow is to have a variety of coralline species. I've purchased uncured Atlantic fresh live rock (From 2 different sources), fiji live rock, garf grunge, and live rock from those who were getting out of the hobby. Most tanks are dominated with purple coralline, but by...
  2. GreatWhiteShark

Help with Frogspawn

I have a couple different frogspawns and they can be picky when it comes to light and flow. In my experience with them they seem to like lower flow with mid level placement in the tank. You will just have to experiment and move it around until you find the perfect spot for it.
  3. GreatWhiteShark

hello all

Hello and Welcome!!
  4. GreatWhiteShark

New here...

Welcome!!
  5. IMAG0029

IMAG0029

6. IMAG0035

IMAG0035

7. GreatWhiteShark

55 Gallon Reef and Fish Setup Help

Yeah, great vacation but it's good to be back. Here's some pics of some awesome rock and a frogspawn that I purchased from a fellow reefer here in Wisconsin...
  8. IMAG1367

IMAG1367

9. IMAG1366

IMAG1366

10. GreatWhiteShark

Still Having PH Issues

It's quite difficult to maintain a proper PH without doing large weekly water changes or using a buffer or an additive. Since I have been dosing kalkwasser I have not had a PH problem. It's quite simple to make a basic aqua doser with a milk jug, some tubing, and an adjustable airline valve.
  11. GreatWhiteShark

55 Gallon Reef and Fish Setup Help

Hammer Coral (notice how it's losing color on it's right side?)