Recent content by glennf

1. glennf

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Fascinating! The recovery proces of corals. These acropora formosa (green bali slimer, green staghorn) were put through a stress test which make it expelled some/all zooxanthelle.
  2. glennf

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Nice recovery from a near dead ultra goniopora, given to me by a LFS.
  3. glennf

GlennF's reefing heaven!

The first pruning is a fact. The green and red monti plates had completely taken over the left side. I couldn't reach anything anymore and changing the PF became a real hassle. It also became a challenge to ensure a good flow.
  4. glennf

GlennF's reefing heaven!

If I watch my tank for 2.5 minutes, all the stress just flows away.
  5. glennf

GlennF's reefing heaven!

I am so happy i worked on the finishing last week.I enjoy every second i look at the tank now[emoji1787]
  6. glennf

GlennF's reefing heaven!

So ... the clamps have been removed and the doors have been hung up. I like it this way. Practical and no loose panels that get in the way. .
  7. glennf

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Let the sealant harden, remove the clamps and hang the doors, then we are happy again.....
  8. glennf

GlennF's reefing heaven!

It took a while, but today I finally found the inspiration to finish the stand of the Treef1200. It has been there since December '21. With the nice weather, it is now nice to work in the garden.
  9. glennf

The EZ2Goreef, 50G of simplicity

Some corals are just dull with blue, others are just ecstatic.
  10. glennf

Normally i am not a fan of blue lights, but during the last hour of the day it does look magnificent.
  11. glennf

The night pictures are beautiful to say the least. Enjoying the blue and the accompanying fluorescence
  12. glennf

According to my calcultations it will take at least 11 days for calcium to fall back from 680ppm to 440ppm. Jun 1, is the due date to measure.
  13. glennf

The alk was raised with KH+ from 2,4 to 9dkh within 24 hours without an ill effect on the lifestock.
  14. glennf

Thanks. The point is that corals seems to be more resilient than many reefers assume. So i share my own experiences to raise awareness about this.
  15. glennf

The Magnesium also rise up to 1620ppm because of the low alk. But it didn't bother any of these corals