Recent content by GhostAnchor

1. GhostAnchor

GhostAnchor's Drilled 40 Breeder Build

Update. Tank parameters have been stable since my last update. I've added part of my clean up crew, and a few easy-to-keep frags since the last update. A simple zoa and a green fuzzy mushroom. The corals look good and seem to enjoy the LED lighting. Snails are active as well. :whistle:
  2. GhostAnchor

Current test results! Specific Gravity - 1.023 pH - 8.2 Ammonia - 0 ppm Nitrite - 0 ppm Nitrate - 20 ppm
  3. GhostAnchor

Tested the water again. I guess it's just the curiosity in me. Ammonia has now reached zero! Salinity - 1.023 pH - 8.0 Ammonia - 0 ppm Nitrite - 5 ppm Nitrate - 40 ppm I also received my ATO stuff! Works like a champ!
  4. GhostAnchor

Parameters today.. Salinity - 1.023 pH - 7.8 Ammonia - 0.25 ppm Nitrite - 5.0 ppm Nitrate - 40 ppm
  5. GhostAnchor

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated for a bit. Here's a shot of the scape so far. A friend of mine ended up giving me a piece of his live rock to seed my tank. Anyways I've been testing the tank and I'm starting to see nitrite and some nitrate now. Current test results... Salinity - 1.023 pH -...
  6. GhostAnchor

Ya its clearing up pretty good already. And the stock list isn't 100% for sure. I know I want the melanurus wrasse. I'm going to stock my tank around him.
  7. GhostAnchor

Sorry not the best pic. Waiting for it to clear out. I cleaned the sand like crazy and still a cloudy mess. Oh well.
  8. GhostAnchor

Sounds good! Ive got the double barbed ball valve on order. For some reason I couldn't find a non-brass one locally. Filled the tank with RO DI and is currently running. No leaks and the pump is wide open.
  9. GhostAnchor

Hey thanks! Ya I am looking for a double barbed ball valve for the return. However the quiet one pro 4000 has an adjuster on it, but I was going to install a ball valve just in case. I think the rock work came out nicely as well. Gonna get a few more 'chunks' and add them. I was trying to...
  10. GhostAnchor

OK so I've been messing with the tank the past few days. Drilling the tank was a success and easier than I thought. Everything is plumbed. But I did run into a wall. My 20 long doesn't fit inside the stand... Lesson learned... So I'm gonna get a 20 high tomorrow and use it for the sump...
  11. GhostAnchor

Woke up to like 4 packages outside my doorstep Got my sand, return pump, refractometer, and my Glass-Holes kit! Also, picked up some silicone for the sump. Stand should be set up today and I'm going to attempt to drill my tank! Big day for the 40 breeder.
  12. GhostAnchor

Yes I agree! I've always wanted one and waited long enough for a good deal! I was toying with it last night and I can already tell its going to be fun. And ya I can't wait to get all the equipment and get this tank rolling. I've pretty much got everything ordered other than heater(s). This...
  13. GhostAnchor

Radion lights are here! Got these used from a local for a price I couldn't pass up. Now I'm just waiting on the rest of the equipment! Have a lot of stuff coming in the next few days. Hopefully I'll be able to drill the tank tomorrow or the next day.
  14. GhostAnchor

@DaveK Ya I can see where you're coming from. You do get what you pay for. I guess time will tell what skimmer I get. Lots of researching. Maybe I can find someone locally, but its probably a slim chance.
  15. GhostAnchor

New to the forum

Thanks everyone!