Recent content by Fishphan

1. F

48" Aurora Blueline Halide Fixture

Will take $250 for the light fixture shipping included.
  2. F

My new lighting system is installed and I need the extra storage space. i would take $300 for the light and would consider any offers. pm me if interested. I can email photos of the light as well.
  3. F

I am looking to upgrade my lighting system on my 90 gallon tank, which would make my current lighting system expendable. The fixture itself is a 48" fixture with 2 150w halide fixtures. The fixture also has 2 54W T5 slots in it along with 4 led slots. The fixture is only a year old and has new...
  4. F

Sps Coral lighting

I am thinking about purchasing some sps corals for my 90 gallon tank. Currently I have a 48" aurora fixture with two 150watt 20K halides in it with two 54watt T5 lights. Is this enough light to keep sps anywhere in the tank? I can upgrade my system but didn't know if two 250 watt pendants would...
  5. F

Acropora tank levels

My tank has been up and running for 2 years. I do the 30% water changes every three weeks. I am dosing 3 ml of vodka daily. I only have lps corals in the tank and all of them are doing great. There is no nuisance algae in the tank at all. Tank is a 90 gallon with 24 gallon refugium. I have a...
  6. F

Acropora tank levels

I would like to add some acropora corals to my tank. My current levels are Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 0, Phosphate ranges from .05-.03, Salinity 1.025, Ph: 8.1, Calcium 450, Temperature 76-78. My question is if the level of phosphate in my tank will kill the sps corals. Do you need zero phosphates...
  7. F

Aurora lighting fixture

I just bought 2 150W 20k blueline bulbs for my fixture. Each bulb has been burned for nine hours each day starting on August 2. They both started out the same color but now the bulb on the right is firing the appropriate blue color and the one on the left is firing white. They both started out...
  8. F

90 gallon big enough for an emperor angelfish

I was considering buying a juvenile emperor angelfish for my 90 gallon. My 90 gallon is not heavily stocked with fish and was wondering what the downsided are to putting an angel in a 90 gallon. I have seen many websites that say it is doable and others that say the fish won't do well. I know...
  9. F

Thinking about a copperband

I also have a small 24 gallon that I am thinking about turning into a live food tank. Is it hard to set up a live mysis culture in a 24 gallon. What do live mysis eat?
  10. F

Thinking about a copperband

I am thinking about adding a copperband butterfly and I wanted to know if they eat copepods. I have read they are hard to get started eating and I planned on just buying live copepods. My tank already has a lot of copepods and amphipods but I was wondering if there was enough nutrition in...
  11. F

New Hippo Tang

I recently added a hippo tang to my new 120 gallon aquarium. The tang is about 3 inches. Since adding him he just hides most of the day and I haven't seen him eat yet. He has been in the tank for three weeks now and shows no signs of color loss or ich. I have tried mysis,ocean nutrition...
  12. F

Hippo Tang

My LFS just got small hippo tangs in. They are about 2 inches. I have a 24 gallon aquapod and am going to upgrade to a 90-100 gallon tank in about a year. I heard these fish grow slowly at about an inch a year. My question is if it would be doable to keep this fish in the 24 gallon for about...
  13. F

Aquapod, Stand, Sunpod for sale

I do have the original hood and it has never been used. When I purchased it however, one of the clips on the hood was broken. But I never turned on the hood since I have the HQI. I will ship the hood with the tank.
  14. F

I can't part out because what I am going to do is once I receive payment I am going to transfer everything from my tank to the new tank and ship everything. If I part out the sunpod now the corals will die.
  15. F

I am thinking about upgrading my tank and selling my current setup. My setup is a little over a year old. It is a 24 gallon aquapod with an open top and a 150 watt current sunpod. I have the hanging kit with the sunpod. I just replaced the halide bulb in the sunpod two months ago. I also...