Recent content by Erik Braucht

1. E

NEW S-650. Have ATO question

I got my S650 this weekend and I like the idea of the ATO compatment, but I have never been a fan of the ball float. Is there a aftermarket pump and sensor I can put inline with the tubing to go that route?
  2. E

NEED ADVICE ON A TANK

Not really, I had to bust down my last tank for the move. I think I was lucky, never did water changes (maybe 5 gal every 2 months) and dosing was rarely and I would just squirt a bit in. Had healthy looking fish and anemone and they are still alive and looking good at my LFS, but I need to...
  3. E

NEED ADVICE ON A TANK

My current setup is a Reefer 350 with 3 Radion xr15 Pro Gen 3, Vectra M1 return pump, Simplicity 240 Skimmer, JBJ 1/4 hp Chiller, 2 Maxspect Gyres. Just wondering if I am going backwards if I get the last gen Max S. I want the white color and the larger size.
  4. E

NEED ADVICE ON A TANK

My only reservation is that it is the older generation with the T5 hood. Wondering what else is different. I can get the new hood with the new LED's for like $1500. So thats still under half the cost of a new one.
  5. E

NEED ADVICE ON A TANK

I currently have a Red sea Reefer 350 last gen, not new sump version. I am looking to upgrade and was thinking about a MAX S-650 but price is crazy, then I was thinking about the Reefer 750. Now, I found a last gen MAX S650 with the T5 hood and a price at $1,000 with pumps, chiller, and...