Recent content by EllisJuan

1. E

Revived my 65g...Finally

Thanks everyone!
  2. E

Revived my 65g...Finally

Here is an updated video of my tank... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k0-zqURz6M
  3. E

Fast salt and water mixing

I do weekly 10% water changes religiously. As soon as I am done with the change, I make the next batch and let it sit heated and mixing for the next weekly change. This way I always have enough salt water on hand to do a 20% change incase of an emergency.
  4. E

Revived my 65g...Finally

I just took the plunge into SPS about a month ago. 21 days under Reef Radiance Lumentek 240 LED lights...
  5. E

APEX? If I cancel a feed cycle the outlets programed for delays don't apply?

Bump for a helpful post. I was having the same frustration MJC was and this solved it for me. Thanks!
  6. E

Revived my 65g...Finally

Picked this guy up today... Red Scooter Blenny
  7. E

Revived my 65g...Finally

Hazzah!
  8. E

Will This Light Be Good For The Tank and Help Coral And Fish Later?

Are you talking about cutting out the center brace? That is not a good idea. It is there for a reason. If the lights are setup right there will not be shadowing.
  9. E

Lumentek Pro 240 - Review/First Impressions

A little while ago I ordered a Lumentek Pro 240 from Reef Radiance for my 65g to replace my 2x150w MH & 2x39w T5 setup. I spoke with the owner Rick and had a detailed conversation about my tank and my goals. This is the light he recommended. One of the reasons I went with this light by them...
  10. E

A little help for a noob on a budget??

Here are two more I took tonight with some different settings...
  11. E

Well here are a few shots I took in manual mode. I think I needed a little more exposure time maybe?
  12. E

Also, is the less zoomed I am the better, shouldn't that give me a faster shutter speed?
  13. E

Ah turning off the power heads! That makes total since
  14. E

I have Nikon D5000, a tripod, and the 18-55 kit lens. I can't really spring for a new macro lens right now. Anyone one to give me some tips for getting the most out of what I have now? I have tried shooting in all types of mods but my results were less than stunning. Will using my tripod...
  15. E

Revived my 65g...Finally

I am experiencing a slight diatom bloom right now...just dark spots in the sand. I wonder if I should let it pass or add something to the CUC to stir the sand.