Recent content by ellevan11

1. ellevan11

Question about ICH.

Eating excellent. Breathing is normal, not rapid at all. The only noticeable difference in the way he is acting would be that he is becoming a little more aggressive day to day. He is becoming the tank boss for sure. It does look like salt grains, but why every morning over the past 2 weeks...
  2. ellevan11

Question about ICH.

I have had my powder blue tang for 4 weeks now. In the morning, when the lights first come on, he has white spots (not alot, maybe 5 on either side) and "cyst" looking bumps on his body. About 2 hours later, they are all gone, and he looks completely normal. Does this sound like a characteristic...
  3. ellevan11

Iwaki MD55RLT Water Pump

Iwaki MD55RLT Water Pump The pump is beautiful and works perfect. Minimal hours used. Although it is very quiet for an external/dry pump, i would not recomend it if the tank is in your bedroom. I tried it... Asking $200 not inculding shipping. PM with ZIP for quote. It was $334 new...
  4. ellevan11

Depth of the DSB

Great thanks guys.
  5. ellevan11

Depth of the DSB

Thanks, i have read that disscussion. But it never answered my true question, Is there a point when the depth is to great and is inefficient?
  6. ellevan11

Depth of the DSB

I currently have a 5" DSB in my 20g sump. I have some extra bags of sand laying around and was wondering if i should increase the depth of the DSB. Would say, going to a 10" DSB increase the denitrification? Is there a point when its inefficient? Thanks
  7. ellevan11

Good Deals on Retro kits??? (48'' t5)

I have had nothing but a great experience with Reef Geek. Great packaging, quick shipping, excelent customer service, good prices.
  8. ellevan11

More T5's or MH's?

I currently have this retro kit installed: http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluorescent/IceCap/SLR_Retrofit_Kits/48_inch__4x54W_SLR_T5_Very_High-Output_Retrofit_Kit_w!_Bulbs_by_IceCap I have a 100g. 60 L x 18 W x 24 D (20 D with SB). Would you add 2x 150w HQI's or add another 4 bulb T5...
  9. ellevan11

Earthquake!!

I heard about it, but didnt feel it. Sheesh, what is happening in SoCal? I am hoping my home stays out of the path of the fire here in Santa Barbara.. and now earthquakes....
  10. ellevan11

Bleaching tied to overheating?

I recently had a similar issue with overheating and my brain expelling i think the same thing. It has been about 2 weeks since and seems fine. I starting feeding him mysis more often in fear it was zooaxanthella. Anywase, tagging along for others to answer.
  11. ellevan11

Live Rock before or After Sand

I would add the LR first and then sand, so the sand can then really get around the base of the rock and help support the rock structure. Might be a little easier then trying to push the live rock into the sand. Only thing i can think of.
  12. ellevan11

need tips on feeding dimond goby and lawn mower blenny

when i got my lawn mower after a hair algae bloom, he went to town and cleaned it all up. After the hair was gone he started eating pellets, New Life Spectrum. It is so funny to watch him try and get some, you can tell he is not made for it because he will miss the sinking pellet like 5 times...
  13. ellevan11

Additional 20gal tank

Nice, good news. How do you connect each system? The 34g and the 20g are about the same hight... so the only thing i could think of to do is pump from the 34g to the 20g, then overflow from the 20g to the fuge then fuge pumped back to 34g.
  14. ellevan11

Additional 20gal tank

I will be adding an additional 20g tank to my 34g display and 10g fuge water system. I am wondering what the best route to go is as far as introducing the extra water. The tank will be specifically for mushrooms, and will have 30 pounds of sand and 40 pounds of LR. Do i need to let the new 20g...
  15. ellevan11

Crab & Snail question

I used a Red Sea Max Hydrometer for about 8 months until i got a refractrometer from AQTCJAK , my hydro would alwase read 1.025 and when i calibrated and read the refracto it was 1.030 >< quick changed and everything is great.