Recent content by Drs2140

1. Drs2140

Killing cyphestra the quickest way?

Kalkpaste, quick and easy. I use it to keep encrusting montipora in check. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Drs2140

Dans RSM 130

3. Drs2140

Dans RSM 130

Sorry for not responding to this, I typed it out but forgot to press send lol. No other changes, same time of day with same lighting, really weird swing in color. Everything has really taken off, have gotten some very nice growth and color. Here are some updated pics
  4. Drs2140

Dans RSM 130

Thanks I appreciate that!
  5. Drs2140

Daniel's tank upgrade to RSM 250

Beautiful aquarium, an inspiration for sure!
  6. Drs2140

Dans RSM 130

Color change with acropower, 17 days apart
  7. Drs2140

Dans RSM 130

8. Drs2140

Hello Red Sea Owners . I need your help

Bummer, always frustrating when something like this happens. Best thing to do is uncover the reason why it happened and do your best to correct it and prevent it from happening again in the future. Reefing is definitely a learning game. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Drs2140

Dans RSM 130

Close up acro PE
  10. Drs2140

Dans RSM 130

When I first switched to radion (same time I started this thread) I bleached the hell out of my coral. At same point my doser crapped out a dumped a ton of alk in the tank. Just now about 5 months later things are turning around for the better. I moved some stuff around and added a few pounds...
  11. Drs2140

Dans RSM 130

Thanks guys, it is a lot of light but I hated the shadowing from leds and the t5s took care of that. I'll have to update some pictures. Corals are starting to take off.
  12. Drs2140

Sorry if I came of harsh last night, not my intention. Follow the advice above and you will be ok. Just remember stability+patience= success. A big misconception people have about small tanks is that they are easier than a large tank, in some ways true but in many other false. There is little to...
  13. Drs2140

Dans RSM 130

What's everyone using for skimmers in these tanks nowadays? I'm on my 3rd tunze 9002 in 4 years and I have to admit I have never been impressed with their performance
  14. Drs2140

You'll need to supplement the big 3 with that amount of sps, or do a 50% water change everyday lol tbh I would try and find a local reefer to take them off your hands, you'll be able to make back the money you spent and then some. Acropora are difficult especially for someone so new to the...